PDA

View Full Version : Ok, may be a stupid question...

SketchPCIS
December 5th, 2005, 02:03
But there's a bit of merit to it. See, I make games using RMXP (RPG creation program, for those of you unfamliar. Makes games with an Old school FF feel to them, and etc) and here's the big question:

What goes into creating a PSP workable program? The games I create can be turned into something like this:

GAME.exe
GAME.ini
GAME.rgssad (All the artwork, custome scripts, etc)
Audio Folder
Sometimes custom fonts

Now, I realize you probably can't install a custom font on the PSP, so the games created would have to settle for using the standard hardcoded font within the program. Is it feesable to try and convert something like this into an EBOOT.PBP sort of file? Also, the GAME.rgssad part can be seperated into the seperate components, each with their own folder.

Any ideas of where to begin for something like this? Or if one should even try? I'll admit I know little about PSP homebrew, but I'm more than willing to learn. Even if you have to use LUA to achieve this, it's still a step in the right direction.

Thanks

Cap'n 1time
December 5th, 2005, 19:39
unless you can view the source code... it cant be done.

Predator
December 5th, 2005, 22:05
RMXP uses a modified Ruby scripting system.
It's a rpg construction kit, WYSIWYG type.

I've tried making my own rpg's but never got far enough to actually call it a game or even a demo. :rolleyes:

SketchPCIS
December 6th, 2005, 01:37
Ok, that was the main concern of mine, 1time...There really isn't anyway to view the source code. Too bad, too...because I think it'd really open up the homebrew scene to people who use RMXP to create games.

Really great program that...But anyway, I'll keep researching on it. Maybe there is a way to get into the source code (there are a number of people who have hacked the Japanese version of the program to be English) so maybe if I siniff around a forum there I can find a way to get at that source code =D

Thanks