PDA

View Full Version : sharp screen??

shepster
December 5th, 2005, 14:23
Hi im totally new to these forums so a quick hello and hope to become a regular contributor
ive done a search and cant find the answer to my question

i bought a 1.52 japanese black psp yesterday from an internet company

ive heard certain jap models come with "better" screens manufactured by sharp than its european versions.

is there a way i can tell if mine is manufactured by sharp or not
was this just early jap models or are they still putting them in over there??
the screen looks awesome but i dont know anyone else with a psp to compare

thanks
Shep

Cap'n 1time
December 5th, 2005, 20:41
Hi im totally new to these forums so a quick hello and hope to become a regular contributor
ive done a search and cant find the answer to my question

i bought a 1.52 japanese black psp yesterday from an internet company

ive heard certain jap models come with "better" screens manufactured by sharp than its european versions.

is there a way i can tell if mine is manufactured by sharp or not
was this just early jap models or are they still putting them in over there??
the screen looks awesome but i dont know anyone else with a psp to compare

thanks
Shep

Ive actually never heard of this... can you post the source where you learned this from?

IndianCheese
December 6th, 2005, 00:29
If you take your faceplate off and look at the bottom left hand corner of the metal rim of the screen, the word SHARP should be pressed into it. (I saw this on a picture once)

Cakebox
December 7th, 2005, 06:08
lol I heard exactly the same but in the other way. An worker for EB games told me that that one reason why the PSP was late to us in europe, was because they were installing better screens then those in JAP systems. -_- odd these salesman these days :P

shepster
December 7th, 2005, 13:21
thanks for the info

i noticed quite a few export companies stating that the psp they were selling were the "sharp" screens. i cant remember where i read it but i heard that sony then reverted to a cheaper screen to cut costs for european models. but ive read that many reviews i cant remember where and if it was just heresay

the screen is truly awesome anyway

the clarity of umd movies was totally unexpected as i am used to watching PDA encoded movies