PDA

View Full Version : STR Player

M Dash
December 5th, 2005, 23:24
Hi. I'm in search of a STR file Player. A Dreamcast one. I already found a lot of PSX ones, but those don't work with the STR files from the Dreamcast.
Like the ones from the Rush 2049 and Test Drive 6 game.

Is there ANY tool that can play these files?

tnx in advance

BTW: What's warez???? oO;; i'm kinda confused. i tryed to help some newbiews around here, and i got this warning.... never happened to me on other foruns...

DCDayDreamer
December 8th, 2005, 17:57
I've never heard of an STR player for the DC, there is a way to play DC SFD files but that's venturing into warez territory.

Warez is illegal content, if you have a commercial game, copy the game, rip the sound/images/etc. from the game it's regarded as warez - illegal content (you do not have the copyright and/or permission to do it). The name 'Warez' is just a general name for such illegal content that was adopted on the web, it covers everything from games, movies, music, artwork, right through to ebooks etc. (and everything else).

You've probably been warned about a post because we try to keep the Dreamcast scene completely legal (or as close to it as possible), we have all legal tools to create things for the Dreamcast, even a full development system, we do not need warez for the DC scene to thrive (unlike other system scenes and forums). Read the forum rules, if there's anything you don't understand post in the forum for help or PM an admin/mod over here to help you.

M Dash
December 11th, 2005, 04:05
OH!! so THAT'S it LOL...

sorry about wasting your time with this LOL... was a bit stupid... anyways: we never know until we know!

so now I know what's that warez stuff... :P

tnx a lot for the info! :D

about the STR player...

I saw some post around the web mentioning some STR player, something that i've been in search for a long time. i have the ADX, but the STR it's missing... :\

so i tough that someone around here could possibly know about some STR player!

anyways: i don't think i'm gonna give up! :)

Eric
December 22nd, 2005, 13:58
Well actually you can play SFD files using a purchased copy of PlanetWeb i believe 2.0 and up if not its 3.0 and up. You can visit dreamcast.planetweb.com/ to watch short clips or venture the net that has more SFD films but i believe you can only view a files that are about 29 seconds long. So thats the only way other then doing the whole warez thing which is just wrong anyways.

Eric

M Dash
December 23rd, 2005, 16:35
Well actually you can play SFD files using a purchased copy of PlanetWeb i believe 2.0 and up if not its 3.0 and up. You can visit dreamcast.planetweb.com/ to watch short clips or venture the net that has more SFD films but i believe you can only view a files that are about 29 seconds long. So thats the only way other then doing the whole warez thing which is just wrong anyways.

Eric

One thing.... I know how to handle SFD files... And... I was asking about STR files???

M Dash
February 14th, 2006, 01:46
OK... So I've been searching a little about these STR files, and I've found this info below:

Header of an STR file:

Sega Stream Asset Builder Revision 1.82
8/31/1999 1:06 pm;
File Format: 1 Stereo Track
Bit Depth: 16
Sample Rate: 22050
Compression: None
Abstract:

Some info got in an PlayTown Geocities Japanese (translated to english via google) site:

"The extension of the file which comes out
not to be the ADX, with the STR
When you try looking at the header part,
Being like the ADPCM type which used the Sega
Stream Asset Builder it does, but
In order to convert this to the WAV, it
probably is there is no tool?
Not just one for DC, if there is a converter
from the ADPCM of the YAMAHA, go it may being
also the air it does, it does, but...
The thing ocean Gaea FIGHTING FORCE 2 of the
CORE DESIGN is in the association "

Can anyone supply more information?? tnx in advance! :)