PDA

View Full Version : JAP or US upgrade

wingnut
December 6th, 2005, 14:39
Hi, guys.
Can anyone out there help me??
Bought a used PSP fro ebay and it is on version 1.51.
Looked at a few posts and have come to the conclusion that in order to downgrade to version 1.5, I have to first upgrade to 2.0 then downgrade to 1.5.
How can I tell wether I have a US or Jap PSP for the upgrade, and secondly there are plenty of posts on downgrading, but how do I upgrade ??????
Please talk to me like Im a five year old idiot, cos thats as far as my tech knowledge stretches. :confused:

urmom9388
December 7th, 2005, 01:44
It does not matter where your psp is from. Either way you will be able to use any of the firmwares to upgrade. In order to upgrade plug your psp into your computer and go to usb mode on your psp. Then when it is connected go to the file psp, game and make a new folder named UPDATE in all caps. drag the update eboot.pbp in there (make sure it is spelled eboot.pbp) and then exit out of usb mode and go to the game folder on the psp. Then click the 2.0 update to begin. Download the 2.0 update from here: http://files.**********.*******/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,1,904
note: you must rename the eboot to eboot.pbp.
After you have upgraded to 2.0 then go to the link below and follow the directions. Hoped this helped.
http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/

wingnut
December 7th, 2005, 12:13
I can select the update from the game folder, after selecting it comes up with " Game could not be started " and a series of letters.
The version is stil 1.51, am I doing it right ????
Cheers.

Cakebox
December 7th, 2005, 15:13
It woul althou be a lot easier if you knew anyone who had a demo disc or a recently new game where you have to install 2.0 ( Note: 2.0 not any higher as 2.1 or so). Then you could just put it in and let it do the job. Besides it's not difficult to do the other way either. Just read around some tutorials and good luck!

wingnut
December 8th, 2005, 13:13
will look around, cheers for your help, both of you. :D