PDA

View Full Version : why wait...

mariokartds-woo
January 1st, 2005, 15:28
why should i wait for the uk release of the DS? what will the differences be between the UK model and Jap/US models?
there is no compatibility issues with jap/us/uk games...i can get a converter (or use an SP one) to charge the battery...and i won't have to pay as much if i import...
why does it take nintendo so long to release over here. what is the difference between the different countries DS's? surely it's the same!!?!?!

Eric
January 1st, 2005, 18:19
lol the voltage and power and of course making a few million of them for each country takes awhile so thats why it takes so long to hit one country one by one and also they might need the money to produce more there

Lyris
January 2nd, 2005, 01:48
There is no reason whatsoever to wait.

Go to www.play-asia.com and get the Japanese version. Last time I checked these were not in short supply. And like you said, just go to GAME and buy a new SP charger for 6.99.

mariokartds-woo
January 2nd, 2005, 06:23
ah...what about the wireless connectivity. will it be able to connect to uk ds's? i see that the jap one can connect to the us one...

Zaneblade
January 2nd, 2005, 08:49
there is a very big reason to wait! do you expect nintendo to be able to make 500,00 DS's for Europe as well as the nearly 2mil sold last year!! it takes time to make DS's they dont grow on trees!

Mental2k
January 2nd, 2005, 10:00
Why not jus put out a ratio of the total number to each contry, based on the sales of the SP on its release?

mariokartds-woo
January 3rd, 2005, 04:38
there is a very big reason to wait! do you expect nintendo to be able to make 500,00 DS's for Europe as well as the nearly 2mil sold last year!! it takes time to make DS's they dont grow on trees!

i wish i had a DS tree... :'(

forgetmenot
January 3rd, 2005, 10:00
is there a jap version of zelda yet?

mariokartds-woo
January 3rd, 2005, 14:19
no. no release date yet either...

Mental2k
January 3rd, 2005, 15:09
i wish i had a DS tree... *:'(

Who said genetic engineering was a bad thing?

forgetmenot
January 4th, 2005, 10:05
i wish to know if zelda will be online

mariokartds-woo
January 4th, 2005, 12:46
http://www.ferrago.com/portal/cluster/19896

::)

Zaneblade
January 4th, 2005, 13:57
not surprised i really dont see how it would work online! maybe abit like 4 swords but it just would not be right!

wraggster
January 4th, 2005, 14:04
MY two DS consoles work great in the chat program on there, its quite cool to tell the kids to get to bed with a pen on the DS :P