PDA

View Full Version : so what DO THEY REALLY DO?

navysealrb
December 7th, 2005, 23:27
im wondering if i should get homebrew but i really dont care for emulators.. i just want 2 know what functions homebrew can do and a link.. cuz i cant find crap...

jaws365
December 8th, 2005, 00:25
If you are doing music, then someday homebrew will save your sorry ass, if you care to compose on handheld that is, which I find pretty fascinating. For example, as soon as PSPVice or C64PSP are more complete, you should be able to use the Sid DuzIt-tracker, or Johnplayer which are two quality trackers. I look forward :) And even better: two run Protracker on PSPUAE when that one is fast enough, if it will ever be though...

There are already drummachines for PSP, which I havent cared to try out yet, because I want to do music with both drums and melody. I wish someone will make a decent music program someday.

Hail to homebrew, I find it of great value to be able to listen to psf/mod/sid/ym music files although none of them are cool enough yet (lack of playlist function).

PSP_Newbie
December 8th, 2005, 00:25
a great site with the majority of the homebrew can be found at:
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

navysealrb
December 8th, 2005, 05:55
give me a link to the best homebrew app. out there if any1 knows..

i really want alot of apps. on homebrew if i can . cuz like i said.. i really dont care for emulators.. i just want fun and cool apps. like a dynamic clock.. crap like that... better interenet... so plz some 1 give me a link

MGFox
December 8th, 2005, 10:30
You have already been given a link to the premiere PSP HomeBrew website, so if you have an idea of what you are looking for, do you think that maybe...just maybe...you could look for yourself!?!

Just asking for the 'Best HomeBrew' is not gonna work, as everyones perception of what is 'better' will undoubtably be different! A perfect example is Jaws' answer about music composition, it was a very thorough and informative post about about the composition capabilities of the PSP, but its not gonna be everyones cup of tea!

The moral of this post is...Give a man a fish and he can feed his family that evening, give a man the resources to catch his own fish and he can feed his family indefinately!

Cheers,
Fox