PDA

View Full Version : 1GB Card not recognised? and movies not found! Help please!!

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:23
Hi, hello to everyone...

I'm having a bit of a problem with my PSP. I have got a disk of movies which I would like to upload onto my memory card onto my PSP. I have managed to downgrade the PSP version from 2.0 to 1.5 but when I place the memory card into the PSP and link it up it acts as though there is no memory card present?? - I have tried to format it and it says "failed" and when i try to copy something onto it it says "please insert disk" ...

I have put the card into a card reader and put the MP4 file directly onto it that way and it still doesnt find it when i put the card back into the PSP.

Can anybody help, does anybody know what is going on with my PSP??!

Thanks!

xuphorz
December 8th, 2005, 20:30
try removing the psp from the pc,
and format directly from your psp, not your pc

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:33
hi, thanks for the reply...

I have tried that - and it just says "no memory stick inserted" ??

xuphorz
December 8th, 2005, 20:37
and the stick is in the psp?
very odd

have you tried formatting in fat16 instead of fat32 on the pc?

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:38
yeah its in there...!!

Will try with the fat16... - Will reply within 5 :) Thanx...

IndianCheese
December 8th, 2005, 20:41
Well, well, well. It seems you have purchased a corrupt memory stick. Return it and demand a refund.

xuphorz
December 8th, 2005, 20:41
yeah its in there...!!
lol, sorry, i always need to ask the obvious

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:42
Still not recognising it... wondered if it could be anything to do with me buying the mem card in France? (I'm in UK) - Didn't look any different, didnt know if there were regions for mem cards???

I'm transferring a file now from the card reader - will try and locate it through the psp once its done...

xuphorz
December 8th, 2005, 20:42
Well, well, well. It seems you have purchased a corrupt memory stick. Return it and demand a refund.

if it refusesd to format in fat32 and fat16, then yes its' corrupted

oh, was it by chance a Lexar brand?

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:43

You've got me thinking that too... see msg below about buying from france?? Refund?! FAT CHANCE... :o

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:44
if it refusesd to format in fat32 and fat16, then yes its' corrupted

oh, was it by chance a Lexar brand?

Is not a lexar... is sony... Pro stick duo.

Only have option of FAT32 and FAT. Tried in FAT and seemed to work (said formatted) but still experiencing the same probs with the PSP

(By the way - it was the same with the V2.0)

xuphorz
December 8th, 2005, 20:46
made by sony, not good for psp
corrupted, send it in

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:49
really? thought that would be the right one as PSP was made by sony! (and the fact it was most expensive option!!!) - does it matter that i no longer have packaging?

xuphorz
December 8th, 2005, 20:51
sorry, i missworded that

i meant it's made by sony, and since the psp can't read it, it MUST be corrupted
i have no idea about packaging and stuff, if you ordered it online, call/email them
if you bought in a store, tell them it's corrupted, and get a replacement

PSPNEWBIE
December 8th, 2005, 20:57
sorry, i missworded that

i meant it's made by sony, and since the psp can't read it, it MUST be corrupted
i have no idea about packaging and stuff, if you ordered it online, call/email them
if you bought in a store, tell them it's corrupted, and get a replacement

OK Thanks for your help - ive got a bit of a prob because I purchased it in a french gadget shop and I live in the UK! (Serves me right for trying to get a cheap one!) - Will take it to the sony centre and see what they say...

motormaniac
December 9th, 2005, 02:20
dude if your trying to put movies on it, if there all ready converted u have to make a folder called MP_Root and then a 100MNV01 inside of that... then it should work... but u need to convert it first if its not like if its a dvd u need to convert it.