PDA

View Full Version : New to PSP , interested in obtaining one a few questions

s8n
September 12th, 2008, 06:18
hola PSP team from OZ (no not The OZ , im not in the TV series) , im interested in one for a few things but i have a few questions.

Im thinking of walking into my local EBgames and picking one up but i dont want BS problemos with being bricked and other nasties are there models to avoid ?

Do they make Piano Black Slims ?

I have a DSL connection at home , can i share it with the PSP ? i want to use it on the Train going to work and that.

are there any apps to play DivX Xvid H.264 at full resolution with this cable ? i dont want to re-encode everything at a new Res

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-jd-49-en-70-2anm.html

is it possible to remote control Zoomplayer , Winamp etc on my PC with the PSP ?

possible more questions later

any info helps

s8n

Wally
September 12th, 2008, 08:34
Aussies eh :) im an aussie too

1. EBGames will most likely have PSP's that are not the newest revision as they aren't terribly popular here in aus.

2. Yes the only way to get a piano black is to get a slim.

3. You can convert videos using Toast for Mac or what ever PC software.

4. Not sure about that one.

Wally

s8n
September 12th, 2008, 13:54
bonjour wally , thanx for all info and tips.......the first tip is especially helpful.

thanx again for all responses

s8n

Akoi Meexx
September 12th, 2008, 14:13
is it possible to remote control Zoomplayer , Winamp etc on my PC with the PSP ?

Assuming you flash your PSP to run homebrew, I don't see why not. You could use PortableVNC to remotely connect to your system and control applications that way.