PDA

View Full Version : help clear up a few questions before buying psp!

micklick
December 9th, 2005, 03:01
Ok so I am a seasoned modder at xbox but still learning about the psp's. I am going to buy a psp tommaro and just wanted to get a few things straightened out. My gamestop has three used and I am going to need to look for a v2.0 or earlier if i am going to want to play homebrew right? Second i want to play newer games like socom and maybe that prince of persia game. Will I be able to do this? Whats with the app that tricks the psp in thinking its running a new firware, how far does that go? Will I be able to backup and play socom on my memory stick? what firware does that require, and is there any way in tricking it? Sony seems to be makeing psp modding a bitch! that gp2x is looking better and better... THANKS!

urmom9388
December 9th, 2005, 04:28
First, 2.0 or earlier is needed for homebrew. Socom and some of the newer games will not work with the firmware tricker like older games with updates do. But homebrew can work on 2.0 (limited) and you can downgrade. o the backup is possible but cannot tell you what does it. against rules. but you need 1.5 to do so. hope this helped. If you don't find a used one at gamestop with an old firmware then check ebay.

jwilds73
December 9th, 2005, 06:53
Personally I'm just going to break down and get a GP2X for Homebrew and end up upgrading my PSP after the new year.

micklick
December 9th, 2005, 22:18
Yea i am thinking of doing what jwilds73 is going to do too. I heard they will be releasing the next version of the gp2x and hopefully in a while the community will have grown. They are making huge improvments on a psx emulator like crazy! So there is a way to backup games like socom as long as you have a 2.0 or lower? or you need a REAL 1.5? If its too hard to find a psp to do this then ill just buy one. I work at gamestop though so it shouldnt be a problem to check a few of them out. Any manufacturing dates to help you our or anything to tell without turning on the psp? Oh and one other thing... Is this the most active fourms for homebrew psp stuff? seems to be. thanks