PDA

View Full Version : Goldeneye Wad that Works!!!!

ap0calypse
December 9th, 2005, 13:15
After finishing my studying for the year I decided to give this goldeneye wad another go... after about an hour of merging different versions of goldeneye wads I finally found a combination that works!!!!

It came to me while I was in the best place for thinking... the toilet, I merged the GP32 version (which kept freezing upon entering the first level) with a goldeneye level wad and BINGO! it worked.

I have attached the merged wad to this post (hopefully it works, it seems to be taking a while to upload) you will need Winrar to extract it.

Install instructions (for those who don't know): Extract the wad and place in the WAD folder of DOOM-PSP then PLAY!. I've only tested this wad with the latest version of DOOM-PSP (Doom-PSP-v0.04-SS-b5) but it should work with any version you have.

Im not sure about the music yet I think the goldeneye wad is meant to have background music from the original game but this merged wad doesn't seem to play it, Ill keep playin around with that and maybe upload another merged wad with working background music!

Anyway I hope this isn't illegal or infringing on any copyright laws by uploading this wad here, it shouldn't be because both wads I downloaded legally... If I am in the wrong(admins) please remove this file.

EDIT: There is a problem with this wad, near the end of the sixth level there is a map error (A sprite blocking a door). I am unable to remove the sprite with wintex, so I will have to use a doom map editor (DeePsea) to fix it... I will post the fixed wad here:

So for those who want the OLD wad(fix it yourself) here it is:

YourStillWithMe
December 9th, 2005, 20:56
Awesome, I'll give this a go. I'm feeling lucky today. If I brick my psp im going to be upset :mad: but not at you :D life :eek:

ap0calypse
December 10th, 2005, 00:56
If I brick my psp im going to be upset

Dont worry dude - I've tested this wad on my PSP it won't do any damage.

If anyone is unsure about this download then go to the GP32 homebrew website download the TC goldeneye wad, then go to doomwadstation.com and download the Legacy version TC goldeneye wad, merge the GP32 version with the goldeneye levels wad and PLAY!

I thought I was being generous by merging the wad for people and placing the working wad here because I know alot of people have trouble successfully merging wads.

Anyway... if you download this wad place it on your PSP and it works (which it should) please post back here confirming that it wont brick your PSP.

r2works
December 10th, 2005, 05:19
worked for me, thanks! ;)

http://r2works.net/img_host/goldeneye1.jpg

http://r2works.net/img_host/goldeneye2.jpg

ap0calypse
December 10th, 2005, 06:17
thanks alot r2works the pictures are great!

YourStillWithMe
December 10th, 2005, 14:49
Works A OK for me too. However, i'm dissapointed for 3 reasons

its TOOOOO much like Doom and
No Aiming system
the KF7 Soviet works like a shotgun. . .

But its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than i could ever do so thats why im not gonna be a pain :D

ap0calypse
December 11th, 2005, 05:01
its TOOOOO much like Doom and
No Aiming system
the KF7 Soviet works like a shotgun. . .

yeah, I know what you mean, after I got it working I didn't play it for long... but a few people have PM'd me wanting different wads because they can't merge or its not working etc... so I thought I'd post the most popular request.

Im currently working on getting the DOOM64 mod to work, it has a map error which doesn't allow you to get past the 5th level, some sprites are being ignored by the PSP port I think, anyway Ill try and fix it and post it in this forum.

pspass
December 12th, 2005, 03:29
playing thru the first 2 lvls was good then it froze up, second time thru it didnt freeze, good job on this plays great.

ap0calypse
December 12th, 2005, 05:59
I've had it freeze on me aswell and then it worked OK the next time I played, I think it may have something to do with the original wad being ported for the GP32.

InvisiTuck
December 13th, 2005, 18:22
Ap0calypse, I ruv you. :)

ap0calypse
December 14th, 2005, 02:49
Your welcome Invisituck... lol

.:PSP1.0:.
December 22nd, 2005, 08:50
Works Great.. Thanks ap0calypse :)

bvetrone
January 28th, 2006, 17:43
thanks a lot dude!

r2works
January 28th, 2006, 22:14
anyone play this on the second map? how u get past the damn second level? i cant open the doors where u get the red key, IS IT JUST ME?????

kill3er77
June 4th, 2006, 22:16
how do i get it to work and can someone send me a link for the goldeneye one please

tallica
June 7th, 2006, 08:39
it wont download it says i do not have permission :s

Be3f
June 8th, 2006, 10:30
Nobody replied... so, i'll repeat:
Is there the way to run Heretic & Hexen WADs on PSP-DOOM 0.5+? I tried different ways, merged wads with DOOM2.WAD, but don't work!
PSP Hexen & Heretic ports are dead for about a year...

vettacossx
June 14th, 2006, 18:42
Holy F_king Benchmark!!! Gr8 Job Send This To Wraggy This Is Front Page News Bro!!!!

ive dowmloaded it 4 times and got currupt data each time !!! :( can someone please mail a wad that they HAVE GOT WORKING so i can confirm this :confused:
my addy is below [email protected]
thanx and please only respond if you can confirm it working and you have extracted it because i can download it but the download always f#cks up when its almost done:(

Zion
June 14th, 2006, 21:20
really nice wad :p

tallica
June 14th, 2006, 22:52
this starts loading then psp just shuts off =s ne ideas?

calientecarl
June 13th, 2008, 20:19
i dont like the fact that it says i have to drink jizz to stop playing, but it works fine for me. (phat 3.71-4 m33, with this (http://www.pspbrew.com/?page=fileInfo&cid=&d=6913) doom)

kaka11dean
July 13th, 2008, 07:27
Its great, i finally have some form of Goldeneye on my psp, THANKS!!! I got up to runway, then i have no idea wat to do, cause theres no plane!

Eviltaco64
July 13th, 2008, 10:09
Wow, bumped from 2006!

pkmaximum
September 9th, 2008, 22:29
Lol sry to rebump this thread, but I read in a previous post "there is no aiming system" what does that mean.... i know the doom 2 mod for the computer for goldeneye you can aim.... I hope that you can on this =(

pkmaximum
September 19th, 2008, 22:46
*bump*

Eviltaco64
September 20th, 2008, 00:51
This thread is old and you people need to stop bumping it!

---LOCKAGE---

...Well, I'm expecting it to happen :rofl:

aander91
December 25th, 2008, 17:26
No don't lock! I want improvements! :D