PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia pounces on PSP

wraggster
December 9th, 2005, 20:16
Source - Gamestop (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140932.html)

After a long drought of releases, the PSP is currently bathing in a flood of new games. Today Ubisoft announced that Prince of Persia Revelations, the first version of the franchise for Sony's portable, has arrived in stores. The game retails for $49.99 and is rated M for Mature.

As one might guess by the rating, Revelations is a more violent game than Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, the fanciful adventure that revamped the long-dormant action-adventure series. In fact, Revelations is a reworked version of the sequel to Sands, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, the first "dark" entry into the series. It follows the now-embittered prince as "he embarks upon a path of carnage and mystery to defy his preordained death," according to Ubisoft. Standing in the way of the prince's destiny is the Dahaka, "an immortal incarnation of Fate seeking divine retribution."

This week also saw the POP pop up on the DS with Battles of Prince of Persia. Departing from the series' formula, this original title is a turn-based card-battle game. Cards are acquired by progressing through the single-player campaign, and they can be used in competition or traded with friends via Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection wireless network. It is rated a more family-friendly E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older, and retails at the more frugal price point of $39.99.

Zaibach333
December 11th, 2005, 19:31
is there a release date on Prince of persia

jetkey885
December 11th, 2005, 20:18
this game s*ck as bad as the ones before it. tried the ps2 and cube version, awful, tried the psp version, still awful. don't waste your money on it. how many more Prince of Persia is the compny trying to make? the first one is already crapy...we don't need any more crapy crap.

Zaibach333
December 11th, 2005, 21:15
this isnt a hate forum! those who like the games mentioned are the people who should comment on em.

it just so happens to be a game that isnt up to date. and this forum premotes oldschool or oldstyle games with their emulators.

if you dont like this game, bite your lip. it was made for people who liked the old ones

Chazzmos
December 11th, 2005, 21:29
I'm a fan of the PoP games, I think they're great. Unfortunately even on a big TV it's sometimes hard to work out what's going on so the PSP might exacerbate the problem.

If someone doesn't like the games though there's no problem with them raggin' them. I wouldn't say the criticism was constructive, but then yo mumma jokes aren't constructive but are pretty funny.

Does that make sense?

Cap'n 1time
December 11th, 2005, 21:34
besides.. I never played PoP WWI but I did love the first one.. the only reason I can see someone not liking it is because they thought it was too hard.. wusses.

Chazzmos
December 11th, 2005, 22:08
Hehe, love it:

this isnt a hate forum!

Then the moderator wusserates everyone:

besides.. I never played PoP WWI but I did love the first one.. the only reason I can see someone not liking it is because they thought it was too hard.. wusses.

Not that it's exactly hate, but the tension, ooh the tension.

The second one waz really good on PS2 but I got about half way through and then stopped playing (bit too busy I think). I don't know about everyone else but I often found it a bit confusing as to where to go next. I think that was the intention of the game, but a better map feature would have made it a bit better I reckon.

Green Arrow
December 11th, 2005, 22:32
Sounds good though I'm still a little behind with the home console versions. I'm half way through Sands of Time then I'll get me the other two and maybe the PSP game sometime. I'd feel a bit sick right now if I had a DS though. I love the idea of a PoP handheld game (enjoyed the GBA one) but a turn based card game? Nah...

Zaibach333
December 12th, 2005, 21:36
maybe I should've mentioned this earlier, but I only liked the pc version to tell the truth.

I would assume that's because it was poorly programmed and required something like my kickin pc run it to it's full intent.

I'll still buy it for psp however, (cause It's fast pace)

Sharkey
December 13th, 2005, 19:05
ive played the psp version but none of the others.

other than the occassional camera problems and difficulty in some of the platforming sections (mostly bc of the camer) i think its great.

the animation is smooth, the graphics are nice and the gameplay is solid.
id reccommend it to anyone that likes mature games.

Zaibach333
December 15th, 2005, 02:41
it's out? cough* online?