PDA

View Full Version : NesterDC SE Problems?

Mr Iniquity
December 10th, 2005, 12:47
I grabbed it last night and have run in to the following issues : Im helping the creator recreate the problem for feedback.

Just curious, has anyone else?
+ Not gotten one nero image to burn? Mine all coaster, and the ones that don't don't load past the 'consolevision' logo. only cdi format works (using alcohol 120%).

+not been able to get a cd with more then 10 roms on it to run past the consolevision logo. It always kicks me back to the (Play, Music, Ect menu) after a few seconds.

I have only selected Game Genie and TitleShots as well.

Thanks.

David Lynch
December 10th, 2005, 15:55
Weird thing that happened to me: Took my old Nester DC 6.0 CD, and copied the Roms on my hd, because they were perfectly sorted.

NesterSE regognized only a few games...

So I had to take all the unsorted stuff, und burn it. Too lazy to go through the work again.

Can't say anything about nero, im using DJ.

David Lynch
December 10th, 2005, 16:15
ok, the games need the .nes ending.

Mr Iniquity
December 10th, 2005, 20:11
Well, I never had that issue, already had em in .nes and/or zip format.

I got bored and tinkerd with all the js files, redid the gfx in PS.. This thing is REALLY customizable. For the hell of it loaded up a crapload of roms, set it to only Title Shot and Game Genie.. It did its thing, and bamo.. Works now.

So I suppose its just some odd fluke that it happens ? But I made 6 coasters in all getting this one great one (and one with just mario 3) to work properly.

Still Lovin it though.. God bless SE!

fackue
December 11th, 2005, 01:29
Regarding the Nero image:

The Nero image the CD builder creates is a DAO Nero image and Nero 6 does not support them. My suggestion is to create a DiscJuggler image, then open cdi2nero.exe that's in the same folder as the CD builder. Then, select your CDI image, but when it tells you to save the Nero image, in the drop-down box (Save as type) select "Nero TAO image", then save it.

That'll be your working Nero 6 image.

law56ker
December 11th, 2005, 18:12
The new nero seems not to burn images that the dreamcast recongnizes. Is there a way to fix this?

Darksaviour69
December 11th, 2005, 18:41
nero 6 will burn TAO images ok, it just has a problem with DAO images (which are more common)

fackue
December 11th, 2005, 21:30
The new nero seems not to burn images that the dreamcast recongnizes. Is there a way to fix this?
Did you like, totally miss my post directly above you or what?

LazerTag
December 12th, 2005, 18:43

Nero 6 burns TAO fine for the DC. DAO images, which apparently that's what NesterDC SE creates, have some issue when the TOC gets written. This causes the DC (and pretty much most other CD ROM devices) to think the disc is a music CD.

so you'll either have to burn with a lower version of Nero (not sure how low you have to go, but I've heard Nero 5 works), burn the CDI image using Alcohol 120%, or go complain to Ahead about there apparent goof.

ravo42
January 17th, 2006, 02:06
I grabbed the nesterdc se zip file off the website today. I was able to build the cdi image perfectly under windows 98 and then i was able to burn it so it worked fine so far. Everything looks great. Thanks for the manuals and such.

So here is my problem. I can't even play super mario brothers because when i tell him to jump he waits about half a second. That reaction time stops me from getting past the first few boards of the game. Im glad that it works at all but in games that are dependent on reaction times... even that little delay lands me in a pit.

Im willing to do what it takes to fix it if someone can tell me how. I have tried repacking the image several times and I have tried older and newer versions of the emulator. I dont know what else to do. I dont mine recompiling the program if necessary.

Please help.

lanruisen
February 3rd, 2006, 04:29
I've got NesterDC SE working perctly on my DC with one exception. I can't use the "save state" function. It just won't save. I have no problem saving with ver. 6.0. Any help??

cmstar
February 18th, 2006, 23:15
I recently downloaded Mario Adventure (SMB 3 hack, actually a new game written with the SMB 3 engine) which is awesome. I can play it perfectly on a Mac or PC but really wanted to play it on a console so I loaded it up on NesterDC.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything. I select the game and press start, the screen goes black for maybe 1 second and then goes back to the main NesterDC screen.

Any ideas?

The Mario Adventure ROM is availabe at www.vintagecomputing.com

If anyone knows of a way to get this working with NesterDC or another DC emulator, please let me know.

Thanks

guymelef
February 21st, 2006, 19:03
I used the discjugglar cdi and had no problems. well except that the trial version will only do 700mb at the lowest burn speed possible. not a big deal in this instance. The emu is great except---the save function is way buggy. you tell it to make a save state and the roms just freezes but not the emu. If I try to load another rom, nester will load the new rom and run a couple frames of the new rom then switch back to the rom that I tried to make a save state of. when the emu switches back to the old rom the screen is still frozen. This was in a previous post. so for my benefit could someone tell me if the save function does work, or if memory cards and controller have to in a certain physical configuration.
I've gotten the emu to lock up when I was switching GG codes off and on real fast. remember to take your time when operating the GG console.
Smb3 has trouble with many emus. some like different versions of the game over others. use "goodnes.exe" to find out which you are using. as of yet nesterdc doesn't like any of the ones I've tried.
What extensions/format do FAQs need to be in. obviously they need to match the number of the rom. could come in handy for games like Final fantasy and Clash at demonhead, zelda, etc

oh I did I mention that this emu is now complete with total kick ass, and all this is just knit picking considering that save/load wasn't in the original games, and game genies were buggy anyway, and smb2 was better than smb3 anyway.

thanx to nesterdc coders that contributed over the ages.

cmstar
February 22nd, 2006, 17:17
Well, I'm playing a hacked version of SMB3 called Mario Adventure.

Here is my problem(s) with NesterDC SE. 1st, I'm on a Mac, so I'm having to burn it manually. I really don't like the fact that it tries to connect to a database to retrieve game in.

I appreciate what the developer is trying to accomplish. However, I think it should have a standalone burn version or instructions for those that just want the emu and games without all the added box art etc.

I REALLY REALLY don't like all this rom auditing crap. If the database isn't kept up to date that could leave out a lot of new demo's and hacks that would otherwise play fine.

The other thing is that I can burn Nester DC version 6 with this mario game just fine. Sure I have to manually do it in the terminal on Mac OS X, but it works great.

And yes, I know it's free and the author put in a lot of hard time on it etc. I'm very very greatful to talented people like this. It's a great EMU and what I CAN get to work on my mac->dc looks great.

I'm just pointing out the problems I'm having and trying to solve them so that others in my situation can enjoy great things too.

nintendodork
March 20th, 2009, 22:37
bump

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, and I really hope I can get some help! :)

I can run NesterDC SE just fine...until I get to the actual game selection screen. I click "Browse Library" on the main menu...and I'm stuck with only this
http://i39.tinypic.com/24pm13r.jpg

Any help?