PDA

View Full Version : How to rig up a budget PSP Sound System

Olsun
December 10th, 2005, 13:18
Recently, I found some Gamester speakers in Poundland, which were designed for the old style Gameboy Advance. With a little rewiring, I've connected them to my PSP. If you're interested, here's how ...

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/scaifsal/images/sound.html

Please let me know what you think.

Jdemon
December 10th, 2005, 19:48
Nice, and a cheap option for movie viewers as well. I can't tell from just the pic but would it be possible to modify it even further into something like this? Not sure if you can or would need to remove those front bars.

Olsun
December 10th, 2005, 20:04
That's possible, assuming that there isn't any wiring running through the front bar. But it would also make it almost impossible to use the PSP shoulder buttons. If I can get another pair, I'll take the knife to them to see what I can do.

Dj SaTuRn
December 10th, 2005, 22:54
it looks like you've just made the psp into a in-mobile console

slaphappygamer
December 11th, 2005, 04:56
when i first got my psp and got the emus going. i hooked my psp to my suburbans 400w stereo system (talk about mobile) and was playing streets of rage. man that sounded great. sometimes at home though, ill use my sound sticks for the laptop.

Jdemon
December 11th, 2005, 14:58
But it would also make it almost impossible to use the PSP shoulder buttons.

:D Ahh yeah I didn't think of that, I was thinking along the lines of watching movies/video. Doesn't it have screws?