PDA

View Full Version : Just Sick Of It

shadowprophet
December 11th, 2005, 08:08
Like everyone else here, I love the psp.
But for far too long now, we have waited and waited.
Sure im certain all the grand theft auto fans are pleased.
And even the socam fan doesnt have a whole lont to gripe about,
But whats about us in general the videogame hobbiest , All I hear anymore is
(The Die Hard Video Game Fan) -(The Hard Core Gamer ) (The Fan Boy)
Basicly i have a pont to where im going, But why even bother with that, For as soon as I lay my opinion down somone who has somthing to say about how great things are looking for the psp will have somthing contrary to say on behalf of this.
Ultimately I am a hard core gamer I am a die hard video game fan.
but as I see it theres not to much to be excited about on the psp.
Why use our title why use us as an excue to release bullshit games and say it will only appeal to us (The Hard Core Fan) when basicly we dont give a shit about sucky games eiter.
Lets face it its not just on the psp. have you seen the awfull 360 line up ? programers are chargeing more money for shit that isnt even as goo as current generation titles. I realize they need time to get quainted with the programing launguage and all. but in the mean time untill the games are worth the extra bling, why make us pay extra ? I mean Its there job to know how to do what they do. we shouldnt have to pay extra untill we see results.
I dunno.
Ultimately I think im loseing faith in The whole video game scene.
Things are looking more confusing every day,as the next generation begins.
Games on the average are looking the same as they where this time last year on the ps2 on the 360, the psp even tho it still has much life left in it,
plenty in fact. ultimately is almost a year old in the states.
Basicly WHERE ARE THE GOODS!!

And yes of corse somone is gonna come through and say
well what about title a or title b.
It just isnt enough for the money I have sunk into my psp and 360.
yeah. I broke down I got one, I dont even know why, I wasnt even an x-box fan. People do silly thing on impulse I suppose.
At any rate ive been deep into video gameing for a long long time now.
I believe its time to hang it up.................

MGFox
December 11th, 2005, 11:07
Rant Warning!

I was having similar discussions with my mates the other day...

The PSP has delivered 1 or 2 decent titles and a few 'average' titles, but I was expecting some good high-profile titles to be arriving for Christmas...Nothing, absolutly bugger all! It is making me very concerned about my PSP investment, if it was not for the ability to run some homebrew every now and then, I'd have probably sent it back!

As the for the X360, mine should be arriving tomorrow (I really cannot wait :D) and although the current games lineup is limited, it will probably start to flourish next year! This is because many developers (like EASports) create cross platform games and will want to wait for the PS3 and maybe even the Revo before dedicating to the creation of NextGen titles...although I have no reason for the ridiculus price tags (Tiger Woods actually has less content then its PS2 and XB counterparts), other then they maybe need funding for NextGen research!?!

But, whats ticking me off more than anything else at the moment? The gaming community!!...I'm not digging at anyone on these forums 'cos if it was occuring here as well then I wouldn't be posting! It just the 'Fan-Boy' mentality of people nowadays, you post something about the X360 somewhere you get hundreds of replys along the lines of "rOfL!!!111! tEh eXbOrX fReEsIcKsTeE iS tEh SuXoR!!!111! PS3 RoXoRz" or if they're not illiterate they'll post "Screw you, the Xbox 360 is a bag of crap, get a PS3 or PC!"...WHY? why can't I get them all? Why can I not post some news about the X360 without getting burned alive? Its the other way too, I post about the PS3 and just get anihilated by Xbox fans!!!

Also, the whole PSP HomeBrew War with SonyxTeam, WAB and Yoshi is just PATHETIC, we are all trying to reach the same goals so they should all just flipping Grow Up and Get Along!

..rant over.

My comments for your predicament...I too am giving up on the PSP for commercial games, I am now just interested in useful accessories (GPS is high on my list) and the homebrew scene (when it behaves maturely)! Hang in there with the X360, NextGen titles take longer to develop and many developers are holding out for the other consoles to catch up!

Cheers,
Fox

Jdemon
December 11th, 2005, 14:46
Well, when I had heard the PSP was comming out I had decided that it would be the last game system that I would buy for rmyself. I've got a Gamecube, I've got a modded XboX, a PC, PSX (modded) and of course my Dreamcast. What you're saying about the gaming industry I think has been happening for a long time. It's like the music industry these days 95% re-hashed material. There have been games which do run a spark through the community like HALO, GTA or DDR, but only a few. I don't want to use one of the terms you mentioned since to me, they are also associated with consumerism or a certain narrow-minded attitude. But gamers.....TRUE GAMERS enjoy good games. It's not about what system they are on, it's not if they cost $80 and took 5 years to create or they were uploaded for free by someone who made them in 3 days. It's about the GAME, it's about FUN, and it's about SHARING. And I think that's a large reason why this community is here in the first place.

shadowprophet - I realize your dissappointment with the PSP, but for the most part I am still very satisfied with my investment. I have alot of games I can play on it, most of which I've hardly had the time to play anyway (yet). The only thing that still pisses me off are the damnable Firmware updates. As far as you and your 360, I hate to say something like this to you but I think you are growing up a little bit. Take it back if you're really not happy with it. Save that money, or get something else that you really want. If something happens to change your mind you can always get another one. But if it's just going to make you dissappointed to even see it there I don't think it's worth waiting for the good games. There's alot you could do with that ammount of money.

shadowprophet
December 12th, 2005, 02:37
Not many truely remember the market crash in the atari days.
Even I was too young to care when that happened.
But the basic reason the market crashed, as I understand it.
Was crappy game after crappy game, and pointless new system after pointless new system. The atari 2600 -5600 the atari 7800 (sorry if I missquoted my atari specs to be truethful I really dont care I was only makeing a point :P) sure they had small inmproovments over the older ones. But ultimately, what happened to the market back then is that when atari decided to milk the market for every penney (the True fans) had, That was when the market crashed.
im not trying to forshadow doom and gloom. To be honest- I believe videogames have become such a part of peoples lives now, that we may never have to worry about a market crash like that ever again.
But what I am saying in the midst of all todays confusion and chaos. one thing that the market cant afford to lose IS the true fan the hard core gamers .
When the market finely reaches the point when we the true hard core fan, doesnt care anymore. the rest of the world will follow suit soon after.
im not forcasting doon and gloom. But history does repeat itself, ( Sadly)
At any rate I have my phases.
perhaps im just in a funk right now. As for my 360 im gonna ride that train untill it stops. ( I know as soon as i do take it back. Blue dragon will come out. I really wanna see what thats all about :D ,
I guess my ultimate point is. If things look this grim for the ps3 when it launches- Because lests face it . MGS 4 will be held back . all games of that profile even if there supposed to be launch titles are held back ( at least a little spell ) . I dont know I guess if the market doesnt pick up, In my eyes this will most likely be the last generation I will take part in the console wars. After that I will be one of those people happily playing my ps3 and x-box 360 Years after there death., because I was able to pick them up off ebay for 50 bucks each 12 years from now,. Night all :rolleyes:

This might sound backwards. And a lot of people may not understand it,
But for some reason , what ever the case may be. I have a good feeling about the revolution. I guess that good feeling comes from,
I suspect nintendos system to be affordible. And yeah im just as worried about the controlers as everyone else is, But come on,- (truthfuly), You know that even if nintendo doesnt. Some third pary company will make a controller we can deal with. The affordibility, placed on top of . Zelda and Metroid , And I hate to admit it . It might even sound silly this day and age. Im a mario fan. I like the main stream marios ( I even liked sun shine- not the captain planet theme - But it had some hard core game play to it ) I like the mario karts . And Lately after thousand year door . Ive evem become a paper mario fan. I must say I realize nentendo may not change the world this generation, But I Look forward to it..

Another thing that makes my happy about the next generation and this generation in fact. Is backwards compatibility.
Its really nice that when a systemy dies. your game collection doesnt have to. ( I really Really like that ) Well G-Night ppl :p

Kaiser
December 12th, 2005, 02:53
When a niche market begins to become "mainstream" and "commercialized" then its bound to lose a certain amount of creativity in trying to appeal to the masses. Why do you think games have gotten so much easier over the years. Its because these so called "casual" gamers don't have the balls to go all out. They need the game to hold there hand till the end.

The way Sony marketed the PSP is what is really ruinging the PSP. ITs being marketed as a gadget. Then at the end of the commercial there like "oh and it plays MADDEN!!"

PS: God I hate MADDEN

shadowprophet
December 12th, 2005, 02:59
When a niche market begins to become "mainstream" and "commercialized" then its bound to lose a certain amount of creativity in trying to appeal to the masses. Why do you think games have gotten so much easier over the years. Its because these so called "casual" gamers don't have the balls to go all out. They need the game to hold there hand till the end.

The way Sony marketed the PSP is what is really ruinging the PSP. ITs being marketed as a gadget. Then at the end of the commercial there like "oh and it plays MADDEN!!"

PS: God I hate MADDEN

you make a good point Kaiser.
To you bro I would recomend God of war on (god mode)
You have really done somthing when you have beat G-O- on God mode bro :)
plus you dont get the true ending untill you do . lol i Would bet all of mayby 100 people total have been able to pull this off without cheating. And im one of em :D

As far as sports games go .
I never liked sports games.
Its not because I dont like sports , Its just if there ever was a genre of games that totaly made me feel like a complete dork, it was sitting in front of a tv playing a game i could be doing - in real life and enjoying more if I was :)

Kaiser
December 12th, 2005, 03:34
you make a good point Kaiser.
To you bro I would recomend God of war on (god mode)
You have really done somthing when you have beat G-O- on God mode bro :)
plus you dont get the true ending untill you do . lol i Would bet all of mayby 100 people total have been able to pull this off without cheating. And im one of em :D

Ninja Gaiden made me destroy my controller but I got through it :) I'll have to give God of War a try for sure, but these hard games are few and far between.

... Its just if there ever was a genre of games that totaly made me feel like a complete dork, it was sitting in front of a tv playing a game i could be doing - in real life and enjoying more if I was :)

Couldn't say it better myself. Reminds me of these huge beer-gut 40-somethings that love to watch sports with there team jersey but in truth couldn't do a sit-up if there life depended on it. :p

bugo
December 12th, 2005, 06:58
Well, let me say something...

Im just tired of GTA games, tired of The Sims games, tired of too much FPS, where is the brand new classic ideas (zelda)? where is the nice emotion adventures? Where is the good action games (half-life), where it is the good RPG“s (chrono trigger)? Where can I found in this new video games like x-box a nice not hardcore game? Im really tired of xbox games (not PGT2), really tired of all these games just wanting marketing and fast money... Just because of that, i keep saying that we need less titles, but more entusiastic titles, more fantastic games, with emotion, that I really wanna buy, that I will have pleasure on doing it. I pray that companies like Nintendo, Square, Irem (r-type), Blizzard, and half of games of UbiSoft never give up doing classics and amazing art for players.

shadowprophet
December 12th, 2005, 07:57
Well, let me say something...

Im just tired of GTA games, tired of The Sims games, tired of too much FPS, where is the brand new classic ideas (zelda)? where is the nice emotion adventures? Where is the good action games (half-life), where it is the good RPG“s (chrono trigger)? Where can I found in this new video games like x-box a nice not hardcore game? Im really tired of xbox games (not PGT2), really tired of all these games just wanting marketing and fast money... Just because of that, i keep saying that we need less titles, but more entusiastic titles, more fantastic games, with emotion, that I really wanna buy, that I will have pleasure on doing it. I pray that companies like Nintendo, Square, Irem (r-type), Blizzard, and half of games of UbiSoft never give up doing classics and amazing art for players.

Your new here but you sound like you and me have a lot in common in taste of games,
Honestly I realize a lot of people wont give it a chance.
But I do have a lot of good things to say about Dragon Quest 8.
I like most people played the orig dragon quest on the nes and some what lost interest in just about anything Enix Had to offer after they Pretty much tossed america to the curb.
However Not haveing a lot to choose from this season.
I Gave Dragon Quest 8 a chance.
I was Suprized in such a way I havent been since chrono trigger!
I realize what a bold statement im about to make,
But in every respect Dragon Quest 8 is a better game then chrono trigger Ever was.
I will give you all a few minuets to absorb that.........

Now Breath!!

I Realize what ive said, And im not downing Chrono Trigger in any way,
But Dragon Quest 8 is a really really great game~

Thats said Dont throw stones untill youve played it.
It really is one of those suprize masterpeices that came from nowhere.
But dont take anyones word for it. Try it out, I believe any Rpg fan worth his salt will become adicted in no time flat.
Later ppl :rolleyes:

Cap'n 1time
December 12th, 2005, 20:56
I was with you guys till you mentioned half-life. :D

shadowprophet
December 13th, 2005, 02:20
I was with you guys till you mentioned half-life. :D
Half life I could say a lot of things about half life.
But the most important thing I could say about it is, I never really gave it a chance.
Its true. As soon as I executed the game (pc version )
It seemd me to be just another shooter and I lost interest quickly.
But that doesnt mean its not a good game, It only means I was playing somthing better at the time :cool:

xuphorz
December 13th, 2005, 23:41
sims 1 or 2 = sucks on all systems (The Sims 2)
gta on all systems = boring (GTA: Liberty City Stories)
most fps's = i can't control on any system (Coded Arms, SOCOM)
most protable "ports" = crap (Legend of Heroes)
3d platformers = throw psp = dead psp (Ape Escape)
any racing game type = get boring soon (SSX: On Tour, Burnout Legends)

so far all psp games fits these catagories.
we need some good action/rpg or straight new rpg. another good addition would be ports of GOOD games, or a good psx emulator :)

Cross
December 14th, 2005, 03:58
Personally I walked away from my PSP for lack of RPG's. I can race and shoot for only so long. I want RPG's, Castlevania and Lunar are great on the DS Plus I needed one anyway for Metroid when it comes out.

Flat out my Fav game for the PSP was Untold Legends but it was not big enough. I have considered asking for another but right now I want to see where it goes. If i happen across a good deal maybe but the gaming base is not there.

Yes GameBoy, NES and SNES were awsome on my PSP... but I bought a PSP to play PSP games mainly and have emulation. I found nothing, but honestly I have ignored the scene since I left on all fronts because I now have a 5 week old son.

I hope to get back up to date here when things settle down and I get into my new house and everything is calm and in place. ^-^

Anyway Shadow I agree with you ^-^

shadowprophet
December 14th, 2005, 04:39
Im not spamming so I wont tell you the site.
Working Designs Died today.
They had some sort of importing issue with sony.
And the company just layed off its people and closed shop.
They are currently looking to the 360. But under a different name.
All I know is the reason we never saw anything good from working designs other then lunar and never a lunar 3 , Has somthing to do with sony being a spazzy little Bitch:mad: So without spamming I wont tell you the site, But search Google and find news on working designs, And then return here to confess your hate for Sony.

Cross
December 14th, 2005, 15:20
Working Designs was one of my Fav companys. All the Lunars were great and the one for DS is god as well. I hope they do return with the 360. But flat out how many times has sony done this to us?

How long will we let SONY tell US what WE WANT!!! This was a huge issue with the release of many Mega Man Games on the PSX when they redid them and then a game called Mega Man Battle and Chase not to mention other games and many other well known titles.

Sony feel's they should decided for us what we like and do not like and I hate it.

Losing Working Designs is horrible and it only adds to my hate for sony. If you want to know the TRUTH about sony stop by a Barns and Noble and pick up "The Japan that could not say no". Talk about an eye opener. Not even Microsoft compares to them.

I pray for a quick recovery with a new system and new name but I am sorry to see them go. Sony constantly is deciding for me and I am really getting sick of it. I want to play my games not have them tell me, Oh Europe and Japan can have this but you... no YOU will not like this.

GRGGGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGR I HATE Sony's cramming crap down our gggrrrr.

Ok I am done ranting.

Cap'n 1time
December 15th, 2005, 01:43
Im not spamming so I wont tell you the site.
Working Designs Died today.
They had some sort of importing issue with sony.
And the company just layed off its people and closed shop.
They are currently looking to the 360. But under a different name.
All I know is the reason we never saw anything good from working designs other then lunar and never a lunar 3 , Has somthing to do with sony being a spazzy little Bitch:mad: So without spamming I wont tell you the site, But search Google and find news on working designs, And then return here to confess your hate for Sony.

lunar as in the RPG lunar? that game was the shit..

Cross
December 15th, 2005, 05:30
Yup 1time one on the same.

I wondered why I did not see working designs name on the new Lunar for DS but the story is very close to sticking with the normal lunar line. Different for the DS of course but sim. none the less.

Lunar: Dragon Song for the DS shows the following dev.
Game Arts
Ubisoft
Japan Art Media

shadowprophet
December 16th, 2005, 08:37
And I Was So digging the love untill sombody said That Ds lunar was good:o

I bought dragon song because I Though it would look nice in my collection beside sss and eb. However I cant say I liked the game, theres just somthing awfully wrong about it.
You lose hp when running ( running :confused: )
Theres no real way to earn money except take up missions to deliver stuff to people. Kind of like the animal crossing people came over and got stoned with the lunar people and said, hey you know what would be cool !? lol
really if you look by the time Ds was created working designs was already out of the picture , Ubisoft made that one, And this is just an opinion but I believe they droped the ball on it a little bit. However all of that aside it still does look nice in my lunar collection. :p

But the whole point here isnt the death of working designs, They will be sorely missed:mad:
The real point here is sonys abuse of power. Some people my have thought nintendo ruled unfairly in its hay-day, but now look at sony.
I mean they have so much power its un-human,
I mean look at it this way, We could hate sony, But ultimately you know we will be missing out on some really great things if we do.

To be honest what sony really needs is for somthing to happen in this next generation that will knock it back down a few notches.
if you remember the whole reason square left nintendo and went to sony was I mean yeah they had there own reasons (storage space ) but ultimately sony was proned at the time not to try and rule over square so harshly as nintendo did.
Now that sony finely has the ball there not playing a fair game anymore. And I think they need a time out.

plungmonies
December 16th, 2005, 10:53
power creates greed, even if the revolution crushes ps3 and xbox 360 nintendo will revert back to their old (illegal) tactics.
whomever owns the ball controls the game, its a simple fact of life.
However, the higher the pedestal, the greater the fall.

shadowprophet
December 16th, 2005, 11:56
Your right Whoever has the ball does controll the game.
The bigger the company the bigger the fall,
Another good point,
You know let us not split hairs here. lets face it.
Not just in the market of video games,
In the history of the universe, what company has ruled over all for all time ?
Sure sony is enjoying the land of milk and honey now,
But ultimately there doomed to fall in time,
I cant wait to see the resounding Crash it makes when this happens,
But a more fitting death to sony would be in the mannor of the companies it crushed over the years.
I picture sonys death to resemble that of working designs,
they grow quite and reclusive. i sony tittle here a sony tittle there,
then ultimately time passes untill one day, people read on the internet sony lays off it workers and closes it doors and is now looking to nintendo for work, Man :rolleyes: that would be soooo justifyed !!
At ay rate, You know sonys not gonna die that quietly.
No there gonna go kicking and screaming, Which will also be fun to watch :D

man, its not that im all freaking over this or anything, But the fact that i will never see a lunar 3 or that working designs logo on a great title again. is realy starting to sit in.
Think about it if any company ever did it fans right it was working designs.
Great titles loads of bonus meterial. and all at the price of an average game.
no extra fees like todays ultimate spiderman. where all you get for an extra ten bucks is a fancier box. Man the market is really slamming people now-a-days :confused: I mean Why ?!?! what have we done but be loyal fans all these years..

And its the fan that really gets the worst treatment if you think about it.
Sure everyone has to pay. but little davy that just plays a game just to keep up with his friends at school but for the most part isnt a fan only has to have a few games. while the true fan of a series will have them all. at there inflated prices. So vasicly the market we have depended on for years is now punishing us for thinga that are out of out controll.
Sure software piracy is bad, really really bad.But you have to admit it hasnt donw to the videogame and movie industry what its done to the music industry. any why ? because its more complicated to copy and distribute then an mp3..
none the less we pay like the video game market has been raped.
And really its the fans being raped.....
anyway . theres a lot more I could say but this post is getting pretty long. so im gonna stop here ..

omniosiris
December 16th, 2005, 14:35
AHHH!...no more working designs?! There goes my hopes of another good lunar after eternal blue(the greatest game ever made)

10shu
December 16th, 2005, 18:01
i enjoy my x360 from day one. maybe because i work on the game industry and i know the system hardware before receive it so i ve been less desapointed...give it time it would be great...if next gen game are more expenssive is not because it harder to code it s because there lot more to code...so you need more people...

for the psp i got to admit i lost a little interess in it... i mean come on sony...where is tekken, final fantasy, gran turismo, devil may cry, ok they are port...but at least they re descent game to play...arf we still have snes and neogeo emu on it...

SONY SUXXX

shadowprophet
December 17th, 2005, 06:26
Im distressed over my 360.
To me I havnt felt this let down since the dreamcast, Which by the way I was thrilled with untill it died three months efter I bought it :(
still have a soft spot for the ol cast tho unlike the 360 . it had some awsome games :p

I dont care what anybody said, Sonic adventure 1 and 2 where the bomb digity !! Fot that matter sonic adventure 2 was better.
of corse i am a die hard sonic fan.
I even thought shadow the hedgehog was a really great game.
I bought it at the same time I picked up dragon quest 8,
Its embarassing. the people at sam goodies know me by name and look foward to my visits :confused: of corse I only go about every three months , but I do spend a small fortune in there every time I go
You know things are bad when sam goodies rolls out the red carpet for you.
Oh well. perhaps tho im mistaken. perhaps they roll out the red carpet for every coustomer that comes in, at any rate sam goodies is a really great place to do some shoping every once and a while:D

plungmonies
December 18th, 2005, 16:01
I never liked any of the lunar games or anything that working designs released. However I have the utmost respect for them as a translation team who gave the at the time niche market, rpg gameplayer a reason to smile. Besides, on their printed adverts there would always be a little cheek in the fine print.

PS: if any of the younger members dont know what that means then I suggest getting hold of some 10 year old egm magazines...

Cross
December 19th, 2005, 02:59
I like (No love all of them, its why I traded my PSP for my DS with the New Lunar Game) Lunar but I can't say I REALLY noticed Working Designs until after My DC I bought a Saturn for 1 Game (Which when I bought it in 1999 or 2000 it was still 60.00!!) Magic Knight Rayearth.

Now my Saturn drives me nuts, the battery always dies and the system runs when it wants to. I need a new one and there are no good EMU's to allow me to play MKR (MKR is one of my Fav Animes. I have the main characters on my right arm, on a side note, Blues (Protoman) and Vegeta are on my Left arm). But I will always have it for that game (and now Dark Savior ^-^)

Anyway I have stated my views on Sony but I can not say enough how sorry I am to see Working Designs no longer with us.... It would be like losing Square or Enix for me... They have brought so many good games to me and I DEF will stick with all those games now forever. And since I listed the names on the New Lunar I guess I will have to figure out who the new Working Designs team is. I will be watching them closely.

Numbah One Munkey
December 21st, 2005, 02:52
well a (few) days late, but anyway THIS SUCKS! I really hate that working designs has closed shop...I remember playing Lunar on the Sega CD back in the day and i mean I played the hell out of it and I was real pleased with the PS reissue/remake of SSS and EB which I no longer have due to some bitch ass little puck mofo got mad at me because I would not let him play them and came over one day and snapped the disks and I didn't find out until I moved months ago and blamed my (now) x-wife for doing it and found out later it was him, but anyway....I bought Dragon Song for DS and also noticed it was by ubisoft and sorta figured they just sold the rights off or something now I know why...and again I must say DAMNIT!

there for a long time I bought EVERYTHING that had working designs slapped on the box and for the most part it was worth the money even if they just published the games like Arc the Lad collection (PS) and Growlancer Generations (PS2) I knew it i would like it because they had a hand in it.

and my 2 cents on Dragon Quest 8 I thought it might be like 7 was and I was pleased to learn it was WAY better and is tops on my list of RPGs I play the hell out of worth picking up and not just for the FF12 demo which IMHO I really didn't like that much guess because I was used to how 10 and 10-2 played but knowing me I will get it and let it grow on me like every other new concept I find in games and bitch about...

BAH....ok rambled on enough.....one last DAMNIT! and Working Designs will be missed especally by myself guess its true nothing lasts forever and Sony is about to get a rude wakeup call very soon if this BS doesn't stop....the bastards!