PDA

View Full Version : problems with pressing 2 buttons on emulator

hohomanx
December 11th, 2005, 18:10
i couldn't find anything on the forums or in google search regarding this issue so i wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.

when running my emulator on the psp, i notice that i can't press two buttons at once or they'll cancel each other out.

for example, in Zelda: A Link to the Past you have to press the A button while holding down on the d-pad so that you can pull a switch. When i press A, you do see the animation of Link grabbing the switch, but you can't press down on the d-pad.

in Chrono Trigger, you should be able to hold down B to run, but when pressing down B and a direction, they seem to cancel each other out so that Crono doesn't move at all.

Any help regarding this issue would be great! does anyone else have this problem?

PSP_Newbie
December 11th, 2005, 20:14
Weird, are you using the latest version of the SNES emulator? it was SNES TYL version something or other that tends to run the best, because i think i remember this being a problem in earlier versions.
I am certain when I play games like Chrono trigger, Link to the Past, Star Ocean, etc, I had no problem pulling switches, running with B, and other D-pad + button commands

hohomanx
December 12th, 2005, 06:41
thanks for your reply man. i am using snes9xTYL, but i'll try reloading it and hopefully this will help solve my problem =D