PDA

View Full Version : Help Omfg This Is Anoying!

Jman0708
December 13th, 2005, 20:31
were do i get the hl mod for doom

and how do i get past lvl 5 on the goldeneye mod???

ap0calypse
December 14th, 2005, 03:03
You can get the Half Life wad here:
http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,24

and how do i get past lvl 5 on the goldeneye mod???
Im not sure... I got up to the start of the 4th level and got bored, but Ill crank it up tonight and give it a go :D

ap0calypse
December 14th, 2005, 07:08
I got past the 5th level on the goldeneye mod, I don't understand why your having trouble with this level? (I thought maybe there was a map error or something)

On the level after this there is a map error, when you are nearing the top floor (near the top of the rocket) there is a sprite (blue flame pedistal thing) blocking an entrance to a door. It should be easy to fix by removing the sprite from the wad with wintex... I think.

I will remove the sprite and test, then post the fixed wad later.

Jman0708
December 16th, 2005, 00:40
were are u gonna post it

Jman0708
December 16th, 2005, 00:41
theres a wall bloking stairs to the next lvl and how do i make wall go way

Jman0708
December 16th, 2005, 00:44
and i wana beat vll 5 so bad

ap0calypse
December 16th, 2005, 11:04
theres a wall bloking stairs to the next lvl and how do i make wall go way

What wall?...

Anyway, I cant use wintex or DeepSea(only have trial version!) to remove the sprite, wintex is not allowing me to edit... So i've been using a Doom Map editor (XWE -eXtendable Wad Editor) without much success. It removes the sprite easily but with unexpected results. When I load a save (right outside the blocked door) the sprite is still there, when I start a new game the wad crashes (FREEZE!). I need to try replacing the sprite with another sprite that can be walked over (ammo, gun etc...) Ill keep trying!

Ill post the fixed wad (hopefully soon) where you got the first wad... Goldeneye wad that works thread - First Post.