PDA

View Full Version : Apologies... NOOB questions

tjradiohead
December 14th, 2005, 14:10
Hello there, im new around here. Had a quick scan around and answered a few of my questions already. If my questions are answered in the FAQ's, please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

1: If i went out and bought a psp giga pack today, what firmware is likely to be on it?

2: if it is 2.01 or 2.60, is there any way to get it back to 1.50 or 1?

3: to run homebrew software and/or iso's, it has to be 1 or 1.50, correct?

4: what size memory stick would people generally reccomend?

5: when running games from memory stick, are there any issues with save games/glitches etc?

6: What are the chances of me "bricking" my psp?

Sorry again for all the newbie questions. Any answers are appreciated!

Jdemon
December 14th, 2005, 15:02
1. Odds are 2.0 +
2. No
3. 2.0 will play homebrew with Fanjita loaders but it's limited so far. It's against Forum rules to discuss iso's. <2.0
4. If you will run movies, at least a 1GB. Some games can be pretty large also, but you should be able to fit it all on a 1GB unless you want alot of stuff on your card at once.
5. Refer to answer #3 no
6. If you just ask questions without seeking answers from multiple resources and making sure you know just what your doing I'd say your chances are good. Then again I don't know if you can get your hands on a 1.0-2.0 anymore and that's depending on what country you're in also. If you are in the US and buy one used I think you've got better chances of getting a 1.5 but they are quickly becoming scarce. There was a site I saw which had a listing for versions and their associated barcodes, but I can't remember what site, sorry.

tjradiohead
December 14th, 2005, 15:36
Thanks for the reply.

So i would be better just trying to purchase a jap console or something with 1.50 on already? i have the option to buy a console with 1.50, need for speed and spider man 2, with a 512 card for £200. Is that a good deal?

indstr
December 14th, 2005, 16:14
200 quid seems like a decent price if you figure the memory card and the guaranteed 1.5. still, you can probably get a better buy on ebay. just go on ebay, find all the used psp's for sale, and send a question to all of them asking what firmware version it is running. that's how i got my 1.5 back in august. (for $200 american) and a 1 gig stick on pricewatch for $80. i figure that's still less than 200 pounds. and remember if you get a 2.0 you can downgrade it to 1.5

tjradiohead
December 14th, 2005, 18:15
200 quid seems like a decent price if you figure the memory card and the guaranteed 1.5. still, you can probably get a better buy on ebay. just go on ebay, find all the used psp's for sale, and send a question to all of them asking what firmware version it is running. that's how i got my 1.5 back in august. (for $200 american) and a 1 gig stick on pricewatch for $80. i figure that's still less than 200 pounds. and remember if you get a 2.0 you can downgrade it to 1.5

Is downgrading easily done? what are the chances of me messing it up and turning my psp into a paperweight?

PSP_Newbie
December 15th, 2005, 01:17
You have to follow directions exactly, but not TOO difficult.
I also heard of newer versions/other downgraders that do the same thing but are much easier to use.
If you follow directions and do everything right, there's like no chance of bricking it

tjradiohead
December 15th, 2005, 10:09
You have to follow directions exactly, but not TOO difficult.
I also heard of newer versions/other downgraders that do the same thing but are much easier to use.
If you follow directions and do everything right, there's like no chance of bricking it

Thanks for that. Are there any downgraders that are easy to use/hard to mess up that you could reccomend?

philsblunts
December 17th, 2005, 04:17
anyone can help me with eloader problems
because when i go to photo for the emulator it freezes

vaza
December 17th, 2005, 09:36
you can find out the firmware of your PSP from the box. e.g. if it says A on the side of your box you will have FW 1.0, b=1.5, c = 1.51, d = 1.52.etc