PDA

View Full Version : They Sent me a V2.5 - Gutted!

spencerp
December 14th, 2005, 21:07
After scouring several websites for some answers I came across a thread from a bloke who said that he had spoken to Sony and that All Giga Packs would be sent out with v2.0! You have to believe someone dont you! So when mine turns up with v.2.5 I was Shocked.

The Question is now, What do I do? Sell it and Hope to Make Back most of the Cash i layed out or Play a Waiting Game, I need Advice!

DCN
December 14th, 2005, 21:24
I just bought my giga pack last saterday (Dec. 10) and it came with v2.0

Im running a NES, SNES, and GB/GBC eluminator through the boot loader :D

spencerp
December 14th, 2005, 21:47
Can I Play Back-up Games (ISO)?

iniquitous_beast
December 15th, 2005, 00:31
My advice to you, spencerp, is to hold on to it. There are some good commercial games coming out now. Sit back and enjoy them. They shouldn't require you to upgrade beyond 2.5 for a while. Just don't upgrade beyond what you are right now, and eventually someone will either find a new way to play homebrew and emulators on 2.5, or a 2.5-compatible version of the downgrader will eventually be released. So, for the moment, enjoy the commercial releases and just play your emulators on a pc. Good things always come to those who wait.
In regards to your question about back-up games, no. I believe that backups can only be played on a 1.5 or lower. But abandon that hope anyway. Humma Kavula (I think that's his name), the guy responsible for the programs that play backups, has withdrawn from the scene. Without him to update his programs, it is impossible to play any games which require 2.00 or later. In other words, only the earliest psp games can be played that way. Also, you should be careful about where you ask for this kind of advice. It borders on piracy, which this site does not tolerate conversation of. Regardless, the short answer is that playing backups is not possible on 2.5 and not worth your trouble on 1.5.
Hope that I've been helpful.

Cap'n 1time
December 15th, 2005, 01:31
yes, no discussion of piracy. Even though discussion of backups might seem legit, text from thoes discussions could be used for warez whores. We find that its best just not to discuss it at all. please keep that in mind :)

spencerp
December 15th, 2005, 10:54
Im going to Keep it Anyway, Had a quick go Last night, video quality is fantastic. I tried to register it on mypsp.com and it wont gibe you the option of putting a 1000 g1 version on their with the serial number?

dazedemon
December 27th, 2005, 12:59
It sounds like i've got the exact same model as you spencerp.

I also tried to register on the 'mypsp' website and my model number wasn't availible to select (PSP-1000). I think it's 'cause the PSP-1000 is the Japanese model so it can't be registed on the Sony Europe website.

No official sony downloads for us then!

I'm going to hang to mine 'cause there's loadsa stuff to keep me interested (GTA for one), and as the demand grows from us v2.5 owners, i'm sure Homebrew stuff will start being released.

daze :)