PDA

View Full Version : GUIDE: RIN v1.32 - Gameboy/Color Emulator

F34R
December 16th, 2005, 11:45
RIN v1.32 Installation and User Guide v.01

This guide is written for users with 1.50 firmware PSP's.

Things you need:

1.50 PSP
USB cable for your PSP
Latest RIN v1.32 file ** Attached at end of post **
Games
WinRAR (www.rarlab.com)
PC - Personal Computer

Lets get started:

BASIC SETUP

Download the file attached at the end of this post. It contains the latest version of RIN v1.32 ready for 1.50 users.

Lets go ahead and connect our PSP to the computer via the USB cable, and put our PSP into USB mode.

Using WinRAR, extract the contents of the RIN v1.32 file onto your PC. You'll want to transfer the NON % folder to your PSP FIRST, and then the % folder last. Both folders should go into F:/PSP/GAME/ ** substitute your psp drive letter for F: **

You can either close the PSP drive out, or leave it open for later. It doesnt matter. You DO, however, need to leave your PSP in USB mode to transfer your games.

We are done with the basic setup for the emulator, lets move on.

INSTALLING GAMES

With your PSP still in USB mode, open up My Computer (on your PC obviously). Double click on your PSP drive. Open up your /PSP/GAME/ folder and you'll see the two folders you just installed, click on the one without the % sign. You'll notice a folder called "Games". This is where you'll place your games. **as obvious as it seems, I HAD to include that.**

So your file structure should look like this:
/PSP/GAME/Gameboy-----spaces-------1/GAMES/...

Thats it for installing the games.

RUNNING RIN v1.32

Lets exit out of USB mode on your PSP and disconnect the USB cable.
Next, navigate to your memory stick by pressing the D-Pad 4 times to the right, and all the way down till you highlight the Memory Stick option. Press "CROSS". You'll notice your new RIN icon, highlight it and press "CROSS".

Next you'll be greeted with a pretty plain screen. It looks like this:
CHEAT/
DOCS/
GAMES/
SAVE/

Press down on the directional pad three times, and you'll have the GAMES/ folder greyed, press "CIRCLE" or "O".

You should see the list of games that you have already transferred over to the PSP. Pres DOWN to highlight a specific game and press "CIRCLE" or "O".

USING CHEATS

You can use Gameshark (Pro Action Replay) cheat codes.
Place a cheat file (extension of .tch) in the CHEAT folder.
After loading a game, load the cheat file from the menu.
The cheat file should have the same name as the ROM image.
Note: You cannot use TGB Dual codes
Just make a text file with the proper cheat, then rename the file from .txt to .tch.
example: Nemesis.txt becomes Nemesis.tch

RIN v1.32 CONFIGURATION SETTINGS

After you have started your first game, you can enter into the config menu by pressing the LEFT SHOULDER button.

You can leave all the settings on the default settings. I havent seen any instance where they needed to be changed.

Remember, change these settings AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SUMMARY

Well, there you have it. If you have any questions please post them here, or you can add me on MSN Messenger if you like. ([email protected])
** I do NOT check this email address **

mrpontius
August 14th, 2006, 22:06
I have now tryed 2 games, which i have the cheat files for, and they have same name as the roms...but when i play the games it fails to load it, is there anything im doing wrong, is there a specific layout for the codes in the tch/txt files?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 14th, 2006, 22:16
do u guys have those gameboy game loaders for your computer?

mrpontius
August 15th, 2006, 02:25
still need help on that ! ;)

mrpontius
August 15th, 2006, 02:35
and still needing help on this, ill check post in morning, thanks!:)

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 02:38
Because it's not really news and just a tutorial. People come to the help forum for these things. ;)
btw, great tutorial F34R :)