PDA

View Full Version : Should one break down and update?

shadowprophet
December 16th, 2005, 16:26
You know there was a time when this was a no brainer question.
But as more and more time passes.
there is actuelly less and less a 1.0 and 1.5 user can do with there psps.
Now socom has arived and just like Gta you absolutly need to be upgraded to 2.5 to play it. By the way shameless plug. lord of the rings tactics my not be a seriously great game. But it can be played without updateing,
Abd thats wht pisses me off about socom and gta. and lets face it. there are loads of other things that come in those updates.
Now you can view gif, jpeg, and bmp pics . more movie options, web browser.

I contrast this with the homebrew scene which seems to be slowing down ( im not bitching , im only saying )
Perhaps peopls opinions have changed in the last few months.
So i just want to know where everbody stands . So I started this poll

Let me hear it people what do you think:confused:

I havnt upgraded. but the outcome of this poll will most likely effect my decession:o

TAPION
December 16th, 2005, 16:50
I've already ungraded to 2.60

vaza
December 16th, 2005, 19:25
You should upgrade to 2.0, it has a majority of Homebrew(which is growing every few weeks) and you can always downgrade.
BTW. GTA and Socom are on 2.0 not 2.5.

xuphorz
December 16th, 2005, 19:48
you forgot the optional method of "updating to 2.00, then downgrade to 1.50 once your tired of socom or gta." or "i got 2 or more psp's, so i can play any game i want without downgrading"

i'd fall under the first option, gta and socom aren't that great

shadowprophet
December 17th, 2005, 07:14
Its not a firmware laucher.
Its like this little booter.
What it does is you run it like any other peice of homebrew.
And it finds the boot on the umd and executes it.
Ive only ever had to use it on lord of the rings tactics tho.
I was wondering does anyone know about this booter and if it might work with socom ? :confused: to hell with GTA I dont like the Grand thefts anyway ( I mean oh wow im picking up a hooker and then takeing my money back! wow how facinating - Not!! it was okay nothing specail with gta 3. but now its just old and been done, I say let the gtas die people).
but ive always been a socom fan I hope I can somhow make it work without updateing :p

xuphorz
December 17th, 2005, 07:16
nah, it no work, i've tried using "other" ways.
same with tokobot, which i really would like to play without having to update.
if only i didn't brick my other psp's :(

Xarius
December 17th, 2005, 18:26
If I wasn't working on a homebrew game that only works on 1.5, I'd seriously consider upgrading. As it stands, it would suck making a game that I can't test :P

Jdemon
December 18th, 2005, 03:37
Personally I don't think I'll ever upgrade my 1.5, but if I actually wanted to I think I would hold out another 2-4 months right now. I think by then if there is going to be a way around the upgrade (whatever that may be) it will happen by then. And also by then we should know how exploitabe the 2.0 will be for homebrew. It's got some good things up and running but I think the full potential there is yet to be realized.

I think where upgrading the 1.5 to 2.0 is concerned there are still more cons then pros (http://pub17.bravenet.com/forum/1452106175/show/603553).