PDA

View Full Version : newbie question please help

Poolie
December 16th, 2005, 21:52
hi ppl i am brand new to the psp scene.i recently bought 2 psps for my sons for xmas,they are both running the 2.01 firmware.here is my problem.....
1.how do i get psp isos to work from the memory stick
2.how do i set it upwhere to put the files etc etc

i tried the fastloader and umd emulator but just keep getting corrupt data.is there such a tutorial to tell me step by step how to do it?i have tons of isos on my ftp and wud gladly share them with anyone who can help me.or cud sum1 post a step by step tutorial to boot isos...thanx

MGFox
December 16th, 2005, 22:33
Firmware 2.01 is unable to run ISOs, Emulators or any Homebrew at all, the only firmware versions capable of doing what you require are v1.00 or v1.50, and there is no way to go back.

Also, on a side note, this forum does not allow the discussion of ISOs or any other forms of piracy/illegal actions!

Cheers,
Fox

Poolie
December 17th, 2005, 13:43
ah ok mate i apologise like i said im new.....so is there no way to boot homebrew on firmware 2.01 ever??????

MGFox
December 17th, 2005, 13:52
I wouldn't say Never Ever, people are constantly trying find a way to acheive homebrew on all firmwares, but at the moment (and probably for a while), no, there is absolutely no way it can be done!

Cheers,
Fox

Poolie
December 17th, 2005, 15:18
jesus thats a major downer..no wonder i cudnt get homebrew to work i thought i was doing it wrong lol.what about firmware 2.06 can that boot homebrew and can 2.01 be upgraded to 2.06?sorry for my ignorance as im only a learner;0

ENGL!SH
December 17th, 2005, 15:53
No , nothing past 2.01 can boot homebrew...yet