PDA

View Full Version : PSP vs. GP2X

blondieboi
December 19th, 2005, 04:10
Post what do you all think is a better handheld for anykind of reson what so ever ?

(Homebrew, games, looks, quality, durabilty, etc.)

slaphappygamer
December 19th, 2005, 15:56
isnt the gp2x just for homebrew? anyway i like the psp (thats why im here). the gp2x looks funny, i cant imagine playing nes with that analog stick. ive never touched the gp2x, but a few people have both in sure.

urmom9388
December 22nd, 2005, 19:27
Now I have a psp and have never seen or used a gp2x. While I must give the psp the award for best looks, power, quality (I heard that there were some manufacturing issues with the gp2x), I am going to give the gp2x the award for best OS (linux), homebrew, and a big one in my book, video. The gp2x has a lot better video suppot do to all of the supported codecs. I love my psp but not having to convert my videos would be awesome. I am happy with my psp but in the end I might go and buy a gp2x because of some of the awesome ports that it already has.

jwilds73
December 23rd, 2005, 06:05
GPX2 is the best Homebrew handheld system. With it's Linux OS and hardware specs it's great. TV output built in is just awesome. I am hoping somehow you can connect a second controller via the USB connection eventually and then play 2 player games on the TV just like the Sega Nomad did. The PSP is great but there is just nothing that really makes me have to own it other then the fact that I can play Homebrew. For me there is no console selling title out there and simply not enough features built in. I wish it had more PDA features and a touch screen like a PDA also.

Nono-O
December 27th, 2005, 02:19
GPX2 is better for homebrew

dtale15
December 28th, 2005, 07:40
too bad psp drowns gp like a priest forgettin someone was bein baptized

jwilds73
December 29th, 2005, 07:55
too bad psp drowns gp like a priest forgettin someone was bein baptized

Perhaps your unaware but GPX2 isn't made to compete with the PSP in a head on battle. It is a niche market item and it is designed well for it's market. I'm sure it will make it's developer (Gamepark Holdings) a nice chunk of change. You also realize this is their second handheld system they produced. So I say for it's market the GP systems are very good.

dtale15
December 29th, 2005, 12:06
its ugly

slaphappygamer
December 31st, 2005, 02:53
its ugly

so is mexican food, but it tastes sooo goooood. :D

Cross
December 31st, 2005, 05:21
its ugly

Does anything you say have ANYTHING to do with the TOPIC or Actual facts?!?!?!?

*Smack* Your a waste! This is about the PSP compared to the GP2X on what it can do in the homebrew, quality and gaming arena!

THe PSP has no REAL games out there that make it so wonderful. Its a great idea where Sony is cutting your legs out from under you the whole time and your so proud of it?!?!

The GP2X is built to let us run homebrew just as the system that was built before it.

Flat out I have owned the DS and PSP. I have written reviews here and the PSP did not have enough games that were quality for me to keep it. (Need for speed, Untold Legends, Midnight Club 3 Dub, Coded Arms. I owned all of these and the only one I would get a PSP for again would be Untold Legends only if it was cheap.)

The PSP is a great idea that Sony is undermining. It also has its draw backs and lack of good games. Sony is still telling us what games we want for us.

The GP2X is all about Homebrew, thats what its for. Its video support, everything to to make those who want to make games, emulators, programs etc work with a system thats easy to use and open to development.

Get on topic! Use facts and real examples not:

I hte this cuz it suxz PSP rulz *shakes head*