PDA

View Full Version : MAME 97 Packs for 1.5 - LAST CALL!!

Jdemon
December 19th, 2005, 15:58
On Dec 13th I added 2 MAME 97 Packs for download on my site. "Favorites" and "Sega" were posted so that people could get a "working model" of MAME 97 since I saw alot of people were having trouble. As my space is limited and I like to post new updates as often as I can, they won't be up for too long. By DEc 30th I will have a new update ready and will then take the MAME 97 Packs down. So please If you want them, get them now.

ForteGSX
December 19th, 2005, 17:11
Hmmm... While we are on the subject of mame. I have a question, Im trying to find a way to play marvel vs capcom on the psp, any help on how to do this? I just cant seem to understand MAME...

Jdemon
December 19th, 2005, 19:03
At this point you can't play Marvel vs Capcom on the PSP with MAME as far as I can see.

Each version of MAME PSP is developed for specific games, and most times only about 10-20% of the games listed seem to work. The older, simpler arcade games are working the best. Things like Mr Do!, Ms Pac-Man and Zaxxon work great, but as soon as you get games that run a little faster they don't work well. Things like Time Pilot or Vanguard are still running way too slow to play.

I don't know much about SNES development on the PSP but Marvel Super Heroes, or a few of the fighters on Neo CD is probably the closest you're gonna get to that kind of game emulated on the PSP I think.

It seems like companies are finally starting to catch on to the whole "retro-gaming" thing for PSP. Capcom has their first slated for March but it doesn't look like MvsC will be on it unfortunately.

ForteGSX
December 19th, 2005, 20:16
Man that sucks. Thats my favorite figthing series. Oh well, thanks for the help.

10shu
December 19th, 2005, 23:31
marvel vs capcom is a CP2 game(like most of capcom games). you can run it with lot of different emulator.kawak, finalburn alpha, mame are just the more popular..maybe somebody will port one of thoses in a near future...

i beleave CP1 and 2 hardware is not to far from the neogeo hardware...so except memory issus i think the psp can run it

Cap'n 1time
December 20th, 2005, 02:35
marvel vs capcom is a CP2 game(like most of capcom games). -Wrong

i beleave CP1 and 2 hardware is not to far from the neogeo hardware...so except memory issus i think the psp can run it -Wrong again :p

dj2005
December 20th, 2005, 03:11
Thanks Jdemon! :)

Shingo
December 20th, 2005, 05:57
-Wrong

Okay, so Marvel vs Capcom was a "CPS2" hardware game, and he missed the "S" in the CP"S"2 name. How was he wrong? Virtually all CPS2 emulation is thanks to the people over at cps2shock.

-Wrong again :p

if he's wrong (I think he is incorrect on the similarity of the hardware as well) then explain it, dont just say wrong.

Thanks 1timeuser!

Everybody be cool, you be cool.

ENGL!SH
December 29th, 2005, 15:46
Talking of MAME , would it be possible to run the simpsons arcade game on psp one day?