PDA

View Full Version : Emulated related.. sortof

Katmandoo2
December 19th, 2005, 20:23
I'm running a 1.5 unit. Never updated and still don't plan to any time soon. However, I just bought my first game. Ridge Racer for $15. I know this was on the original launch line up and technically shouldn't update my PSP. Is this correct? Also, just wondering. Since I buy my fair share of PC games, I know we patch and update the PC games a lot and when you buy a game that's been out for a while, the boxed version might be like version 1.41 for example as opposed to the original 1.0 when it was first released. Does this ever happen with PSP games. Like could an older game that originally was fine with firmware 1.5 now come with a firmware updater on it? Anyone heard of this? Thanks.

bill00000
December 19th, 2005, 20:56
Not that I've heard of.

xuphorz
December 19th, 2005, 23:25
I know this was on the original launch line up and technically shouldn't update my PSP. Is this correct?
yes, it won't update anything

Does this ever happen with PSP games. Like could an older game that originally was fine with firmware 1.5 now come with a firmware updater on it?
nothing of that sort is going on now, but i seriously wouldn't be surprised if it does

Numbah One Munkey
December 21st, 2005, 02:19
yes, it won't update anything

nothing of that sort is going on now, but i seriously wouldn't be surprised if it does

my bet would be when they start a "greatest hits" or "the best" (JAP) it will contain the newer updates...which will be a pisser if you want to keep HB/EMUs all the reason to buy a second PSP with a low firmware (or downgrade) and have 1 for UMD games and the second for all the other cool stuff!