PDA

View Full Version : CRC Error on Mem Stick - Permanent Damage?

lorenzo68
December 21st, 2005, 07:30
I currently have 1.5 firmware with a emulated 2.0 running... I accidentally forgot I was still in the emulated 2.0 and transferred some files via USB but I got a CRC error on my Memory Stick. I immediately quit out of the emulation and reformated it back in 1.5. The 1 gig memory card seems to be working fine now, but it only shows a capacity of 949 mb! :mad: Did I just permanently damage my memory stick Pro Duo?

Virus
December 21st, 2005, 07:33
no its ok
i dont know why but it takes about 10 percent memory for the unit all cards do it

IndianCheese
December 21st, 2005, 20:16
Something about FAT formatting does that. FAT32 does less of it, and NTFS does even less but the PSP only supports FAT.

lorenzo68
December 21st, 2005, 23:58
Something about FAT formatting does that. FAT32 does less of it, and NTFS does even less but the PSP only supports FAT.

Well is this normal as well: currently if I highlight all my folder and files combined I only get 398 mb total... Yet when I goto the Disk Properties of this Memory Stick Duo, I get 408 mb total - a 10 mb increase of apparent nothingness.... :confused: What's up with that?

Jdemon
December 22nd, 2005, 00:38
the PSP only supports FAT.
...AND FAT32, but not NTFS
(not trying to be a jerk, just clarifying for the less knowledgeable)

That is kind of odd lorenzo68 are you sure there are no hidden files on there? I mean normally there is a small amount of space used up on a "1GB" card, but 10MB is quite alot the way you describe it.

If you didn't know, you can "show hidden files" - In any explorer window - TOOLS> Folder Options>View

lorenzo68
December 22nd, 2005, 04:21
Well the thing is, the SIZE of the file is 10 megabytes smaller than the SIZE ON DISK. The SIZE ON DISK is actually around 407 mb (which is closer to the Disk Usage Diagram)..... Why is this so? :confused: