PDA

View Full Version : 1Gig or 2 gig

lewisraw
December 21st, 2005, 10:15
Hey there,
Am confused between getting a 1G or 2G memory card. The shop keeper says that the black 2 gig memory card is faulty and have only 1 week warrenty while the red high speed 1 gig memory card have 6 months warrenty. Not sure if i am being con but i would like a 2 gig memory card. Anyone have some good advice to share? Thanks!

slaphappygamer
December 21st, 2005, 15:57
i would go for the 2 gig. i wish i had bought one too. ive just got a 1 gig. i started looking at 2 gig sticks and realized it make more sense to get datels 4 gig w/ext battery. its $20 cheaper than the sony 2 gig. hmmm....twice the room as a 2 gig PLUS a longer lasting battery. some say the xfer/load speed is slower than a MSDuo, but i could live with that.

on my 1 gig sandisk card i have 3 psp games, 100+ nes games, doom, and 30 genesis games. i still have 30-50 mb free, for saves....or other homebrew.

capt_psp
December 21st, 2005, 16:23
Get the biggest that you can afford...

I um'd and ah'd for ages over the 1gb or 2gb and then in the end I opted for the 2gb.

This means that I can store quite a few mp4's on the stick to watch.....

:)

htn85
December 22nd, 2005, 00:19
dudes, he said the 2gig is faulty.. if it dies down on him he's gonna need to replace it. if the 1gig is in good working order, get that. 1gig seems sufficient. btw, if u can find similar price for a 2gig elsewhere just get that

lewisraw
December 22nd, 2005, 00:54
Thanks! Sounds like 2 gig is the way to go. Just have to find some place that is offers warrenty more than 1 week!

slaphappygamer
December 23rd, 2005, 19:57
faulty schmaulty. are you gonna believe the "shop keeper"? whats his story has he had years of experience in his proffession? does he lie alot? how old is he? where did he hear it from? is he smart? a "shop keeper" at frys told me that i really should get the extended warranty on my psp. i told her i wasnt interested. she thought i was nuts cuz i got a warranty on a 20" tv and not the 250 dollar psp. i spoke with another "shop keeper" at eb games about datels 4g hd/battery combo (asking if they had it) and he told me something like that probablly wont be out till next year. also, i was talking to a girl at gamestop about what games she likes, to my surprise she only worked there cuz the manager thought she was cute. he saw her in the shop and said "hello, you should work here. fill this out". she was totally clueless, why would you hire someone to work with products they have no idea about. its like having michael jackson talk to you about the birds and the bees, come on now. i uasally dont trust these people cuz most of the time they dont have a clue.

i just HAD to get that out. sorry for the rant :eek:

Zlaya
December 25th, 2005, 06:44
its like having michael jackson talk to you about the birds and the bees
Uhm ROFLMAO

On another note how about 4 gig? (http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1169)-SDMSPH-4096-SanDisk_Ultra_II_Memory_Stick_PRO_4GB.aspx)

Normal memorystick says you? imagniation says I! (or you could click This Link (http://www.psp-hacks.com/memory-stick-hack.php) )

Tell us how it went and if its fast
oh and dont bother suing me if it dont work since
1. I dont own a psp (ive been looking for reasons to get one but so hard to find any tbh (there you go sony thats what you get marketing a unmodable unit))
2. i live in sweden and are as touchable as the pope
3. is it worth it?