PDA

View Full Version : 8GB memory stick pro duo assistance

YourStillWithMe
September 24th, 2008, 03:29
I just got an 8GB tonight for 50 bucks but ummmm....none of my HB or Save Data is showing up guys.

Music, photos and movies....no problem.

Did sony like stop pirating on there memory sticks now?

I cant load anything from GAME150 or GAME....i tried both 4.XX and 1.50 kernels...should i just launch the recovery and just re-install everything again.

Also, im running the most current custom firmware (4.01m33-2) and my 2GB memory sticks work fine right now....WTF is going on? Should i reformat it?

I've never had this problem before.

mike_jmg
September 25th, 2008, 06:34
I remember something about the 8Gb sticks that only in the first or last 4GB you can store homebrew and make it work, or something like that. Although 50 bucks sounds really cheap, make sure is not a fake, when you show up properties it has to say Magicgate: supported, if it says unknown, it is fake

b_simpson1999
September 25th, 2008, 10:28
hi am not sure if my card is fake or not but i think mine fake as i nearly have to reformat it nearly every day even more then once a day either that or i did something to it to make it really strange i got 4.01m33-2. gonna to find if there any software to fix or repair it maybe that will make it last longer then a day without reformating.

Wally
September 25th, 2008, 12:49
Its definately fake if you have to reformat it once a day..

Get a genuine one, they have much more advantages

1) Don't break easily (A fake one killed my slim's memory stick slot somehow (Bah has my old slim now, he's done the SD card mod)
2) Data doesn't go corrupt, this is a problem I had with mine.. I was in china with my new slim and decided to go up to 3.71 M33 with pandora (LOL I know but slim was on 3.60M33) and the dirty memory stick went corrupt and I lost my PSP until i was on a boat with internet and some guy lent me his card reader. (however in the end i threw out the power plug because I thought i'd never get on a plane with it... and I had no charging plug for it (damn chinese)
3) It ruined a numerous amount of other holidays.
4) Emulators work better with genuine memory sticks..

So there I prove my point.

Wally

b_simpson1999
September 25th, 2008, 15:42
yeah i though it was fake though it kinda of works to a point but it is annoying but have to wait to get some money together to get a new (hopefully not fake) card

Wally
September 25th, 2008, 22:35
Depends where you are from..

You are best to:
1) Get it from an EBGames / local store
2) Not get it from eBay (Thats where all the fakes are)
3) Use a trusted online source like Amazon!

b_simpson1999
September 26th, 2008, 18:01
yeah i got mine from ebay lol our local game stores only go up to max 2gb hehe and expensize might try look at amazon but isnt it just like ebay nearly

Wally
September 26th, 2008, 23:48
Where are you from o_O

Amazon sell genuine products.

Wally

b_simpson1999
September 27th, 2008, 22:52
oh i though it was kind of like ebay without the bidding bit but i only brought like 2 items before cos it was cheaper then ebay plus i got the +£15 free deliver thing that was on there but it toke forever to get to me. Nottinghamshire, uk. but i will go on it when have money in bank.

b_simpson1999
September 30th, 2008, 13:19
i found some that say mark2 on them is mark2 better then normal or not? does it matter about what brand it is as well or does it have to be sony?

Wally
September 30th, 2008, 14:03
sandisk work better than Sony's, look better and are much cheaper.

Just get a sandisk one forget the mark 2 whatever.

b_simpson1999
September 30th, 2008, 23:01
well they dont look cheaper at moment sony ones do so have to decied if want sony which is cheaper or sandisk which work better and better looking (which i dont really care about cos it be in my psp anyway)

TTownEP
October 3rd, 2008, 05:39
sandisk work better than Sony's, look better and are much cheaper.

Just get a sandisk one forget the mark 2 whatever.

Not always true. I bought a Sony 2gb around the corner of the aisle from the 2gb Sandisk for $10 less, and it wasn't on one of those locking pegs that the employee has to come over and take 10 minutes to unlock. Got it from Target.

b_simpson1999
October 3rd, 2008, 10:09
well i got a sony one now anyway as it was cheaper and its sony the same as the psp lol

jameztodd
October 3rd, 2008, 10:19
i got a Fujifilm 2gb, dunno if its giving me problems or not