PDA

View Full Version : Any plans to emulate N64, Sega CD, or other consoles?

mwhwkaggression
December 22nd, 2005, 20:00
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything or if anyone is trying to emulate the N64 onto the psp. I have tried for a while, but it seems like everything I try I can't seem to get it to work. :mad: I mean if anyone has heard anything about anyone who is programming an N64 emulator or like a Sega CD emulator, or pretty much any system that has pretty good graphics. Now I realise that it would be hard for someone to do a N64 emulator, but I mean if you were to look at all of the progress that hackers and modders have allready made doing emulators and homebrew, it wouldn't suprise if someone somewhere is actually working on one. It is just that with the potential of the PSP, and the hardware specs. I feel that it should be able to run N64 from the memory stick (which can and most likely will slow down the frame rate) however, there are allready snes emulators that run perfectly with sound and that actually go full speed. I don't know, but I don't think that I am the only one who would like to play Golden Eye or Perfect Dark on my PSP. Anyway, if you have heard anything about it, just post it here and it would be appreciated by many. I am just looking for an emulator that will make the jump from 2D to full on 3D. It dosen't have to be N64, but I mean that would be awesome if someone could actually get it to work and run pretty well.

xuphorz
December 22nd, 2005, 23:47
use search next time, you probly pissed off most people here :rolleyes:

mwhwkaggression
December 23rd, 2005, 06:24
I did a search, and I diden't find anything, however I figured that some of the people who post in the PSP fourms are probably programmers and hackers. So I was just wondering if anyone was working on anything that mabye hadn't been put online yet. I don't see how that could have pissed anyone off, it was just a question that I am sure that other people are wondering about as well.

Kaiser
December 23rd, 2005, 10:33
I don't see how that could have pissed anyone off, it was just a question that I am sure that other people are wondering about as well.

It is a tired question. This thread should be locked. Everyone wants those systems games on there PSP but unless your an advanced programer there is not much we simpletons can do about it. Just be patient and hope for the best. Going over the complexities of making these emulators would be a waste of time as its been explained before. Simply put ITS REALLY FREAKING REALLY HARD.

mwhwkaggression
December 24th, 2005, 00:16
Alright, sorry, I am pretty new here and I didn't know that this question had been asked many times before. I mean I am a programer, but I am not by any means great at it, and I tried to emulate N64 but I couldn't get it to work, and I just wanted to see if anyone else was making any progress. Sorry again. Didn't mean to piss anyone off.