PDA

View Full Version : mame?

hemsjones
December 23rd, 2005, 03:29
im not sure if there already is a post for what im about to ask but this mame program im having trouble understanding how to make it run proper also there are like 15 version whats the purpose the roms are also different from the other there are more files.if u know a thread just point me there or let me know how to do it.thanks

plungmonies
December 23rd, 2005, 03:53
jdemon has made a great guide for mame so I suggest finding that thread.

hemsjones
December 23rd, 2005, 22:55
honestly ive searched thread after thread looking for that guide i c the name but not the guide ur talking about.

hemsjones
December 24th, 2005, 01:19
when using the pspmame emulator how do i get the roms to work do i need to format them or what?

plungmonies
December 24th, 2005, 01:47
they must be kept in their zip file and correctly named such as q*bert is named qbert and so on. also make absolute sure that you put the roms in the roms folder, it sounds silly but a lot of begginers make that mistake.

Jdemon
December 24th, 2005, 02:39
The working versions of Favorites and Sega (1) are still up on my site, but they will come down on the 31st. The tutorial is up with my stuff too if you have difficulty finding it here, is should be helpful to anyone trying to make the MAME emus compatable for 1.5

hemsjones
December 24th, 2005, 04:09
on the roms do i need to add a .sumthing to the end after i put the full name like 4 the other emulators

hemsjones
December 24th, 2005, 04:22
im following the tutorial (3 times) and still having trouble when i start the program it appears alot of roms come with it but none work they are all missing files not to mention i dont c my roms and there in the rom folder. oh and also my psp is a version 1.5

hemsjones
December 24th, 2005, 04:32
honestly im only interested in this particular emulator cuz its suppose to support marvel vs capcom thats the only reason why im trying so hard to learn how to do this but every solution leads to another problem no other emu gave me this much trouble

hemsjones
December 24th, 2005, 04:41
now i get a error "(80020130)"what the f***!!?

plungmonies
December 24th, 2005, 08:03
okay first, banish the thought of playing marvel vs capcom as mamepsp does not support it and probably never will in any playable form. If you really want to play it then just use the pc version of mame or final burn or kawaks.
secondly mame will display the suppoted games names, however it will be up to you to supply your own roms that correspond with those games (I know you have not yet but please dont ask where to get mame roms as most are still copyrighted however a few have been handed down by their developers to the public domain). Check out www.mame.net for more info

Jdemon
December 24th, 2005, 14:49
If you are d/l the copies from my site you should be having no problems whatsoever. They are designed for use on the 1.5. Place "MSG1~1%" and "MSG(30spaces)1" into the "PSP>GAME" folder on your MS. Place any extra roms in the "roms" folder that is in the "MSG(30spaces)1" folder. Only the roms supported by the version can (possibly) play. The few I have added to the demos all work fine.