PDA

View Full Version : DreamSNes & DreamGens, Saving Issues

U2K Tha Greate$t
December 23rd, 2005, 06:35
Can you save games in both emulators, like is there a trick or something i need to know about. Because i would like to save the game, turn off the dreamcast and come back later and load it where i left off, or am i out of luck and just need to continue using gen and supernes on the pc?

M Dash
December 23rd, 2005, 16:33
DreamSNES DOES save the games... However... I don't think that DreamGens exists ???

U2K Tha Greate$t
December 24th, 2005, 04:31
Well i dont think its called dreamgens, i was just called it that lol. I have the dreamnes, but i dont believe it saves games, maybe someone with more information can help on this thread.

Thanks, peace.

quzar
December 24th, 2005, 08:01
i don't get it. he already told you that dreamsnes has saving and yet you say you don't know if the question has been answered. There is no such emulator called Dreamgens.

U2K Tha Greate$t
December 25th, 2005, 00:08
Quote( u2k )

> Because i would like to save the game, turn off the dreamcast and come back later and load it where i left off <

First off, thats the type of saving that i am talking about. Because the dreamnes that i have, once you save and turn off the dc and come back later, the save is gone, thus you can only save at that moment when playing.

Second and last, i have a dreamcast genesis emulator, i just dont rememeber the name for it.

quzar
December 25th, 2005, 11:33
no, no dreamcast emulator has save states. it would fill up more than an entire memory card compressed to do such a thing. If you wanted save states, call them by their name.

Christuserloeser
December 28th, 2005, 09:04
Because the dreamnes that i have, once you save and turn off the dc and come back later, the save is gone, thus you can only save at that moment when playing.

DreamSNES saves are permanent. Saved to VMU. You need a VMU. With free blocks to save on. Save the game like you'd do on a real SNES. Then you can come back later and the save isn't gone.

Currently the only MegaDrive/Genesis emulator for Dreamcast that allows saving to VMU is "SegaGen", which is a hack of a commercially released emulator by SEGA. It's been ripped from the SEGA Smash Pack Vol.1 along with its awfull sound emulation - thus the copyrights are owned by SEGA which makes this emulator illegal.

GenesisPlusDC has no VMU support as of now. It's still beeing worked on but the latest release already is close to beeing perfect. It's just missing VMU support.