PDA

View Full Version : Neo4all Selfboot game CD w/ music? Help

syker
December 23rd, 2005, 22:00
I need a little help creating a selfboot Neo CD with the audio tracks working. Currently, I can 1. Build a Neo CD mixed mode audio data disc and use a seperate Neo4all boot cd or 2. Drop all the game data into self boot inducer and have a selfbooting game without music. Has anyone actually been able to get a fully working selfbooting CD made yet? If so, how? How can you create a mixed mode Neo CD with the Dreamcast header still intact?

quzar
December 23rd, 2005, 22:19
This violates the user agreement for the source code which neo4all is based on (even though the warning is not carried on).

You are not allowed to make a disc with the emulator and game on it.

syker
December 23rd, 2005, 22:57
From the 2 versions of the GPL I've read, I'll have to disagree with your interpretation, but your right it's all moot. The licensed game data is a seperate entity from the emu, whether they reside on the same disk or not. That's like saying I can't run a GPL app on Windows if they reside on the same drive. There's no clear line in the sand, and there won't be until the GPL is finally brought into a court proceding (which ironically, hasn't happened yet) I'm getting way off topic, anybody else have any thoughts on a solution?

Quzar, no offense, and great work on DCemu, looking forward to the next release.