PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat Reader to PSP

gamerfotheuk
December 24th, 2005, 01:02
I got a very brilliant idea for anyone who is still in school. Get the text in your PSP so you don't have to carry heavy text books, of course if your teacher allows and you have some media to transfer to your PSP. Me, for example, got this CD-Rom of a US History Text book, I can't copy the text or snapshot with the .pdf document because I think it is copyrighted, is there a way to bypass the Acrobat reader 6.0 in order for me to copy the text and graphics and transfer it to my PSP using JPEGBOOK?

kyus
December 24th, 2005, 04:20
paperless printer would do that, but theres a smart option. just use this software :P

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/bookr.shtml

acrobat reader uses pdf files.

gamerfotheuk
December 25th, 2005, 02:10
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much kyus!!!! If you're here, I'd kiss you. Now I can read the protected pdf without copy and paste it to jpegbook to convert. This bookr is magnificient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rusherx
December 25th, 2005, 02:16
I wrote a small program with java called SmartSnap which automatically turn pdf into JPG(480*xxx). I didn't release it because I think most people don't care about this and to configure a java environment is a little hard. So if you will you can send me the pdf and I will "capture" for you. I'm glad to see some one like me who likes to use psp as a learning tool. My email: [email protected]

By the way, bookr is great. Sometimes I use it.

jwilds73
December 26th, 2005, 17:42
I'm going to have to check that PDF reader out. I only checked one out before PDF Reader for PSP. It worked alright but locked up occasionally THe author released it as a proof of concept so it was alittle buggy. Someone needs to make a cbz file reader so I can read my digitally backedup comic books.

SoCal
December 27th, 2005, 00:13
Bookr is great. I have my entire 2000+ page auto manual on it. Wish it was not so prone to locking up though. Still a very nice program. :)