PDA

View Full Version : Quiting NESTER and RIN

Loismustdie
December 25th, 2005, 09:03
This may be a completely n00bish question, and I'm sure that there is a very simple answer, but I can't seem to quit NESTER or RIN. What's more, I can't turn my PSP off from NESTER or RIN, so I find myself taking out the battery, what am I meant to do?

JesterDev
December 31st, 2005, 13:50
Press your home button? That's what seems to work on other emulators. Have yet to try however, but that should work.

Saltycheese
December 31st, 2005, 23:50
Well, i use NesterJ and what I have found is that that if you are still in the EBOOT Loader screen you can simply hit start to have the PSP reboot, however if you are actually in the emulator, you can hold the power switch up (for about 7-9 seconds) and the PSP will power off.

Of course you can keep taking out the battery, but you probably have to reset date and time everytime, right? Hope this helps man

Jester: I dont know about RIN but Nester requires you to do this. However, for most cases you are right.

Wonkothesane
January 2nd, 2006, 06:28
Hey there,
I stumbled on to this question accidentally while googling :P

Let's see, to quit RIN, you pres L+R+START at the same time (read the readme, that's why they include it)

Secondly, though this works most of the time, if you are playing certain games (e.g. Pokemon crystal or tcg) it does not work. You must first load another rom (Super Mario world and Pacman works for me) in order to Use the L+R+Start fuction.

I don't know about NesterJ, but I believe I read that it uses the L+R+START function, try it and let me know if it works for you