PDA

View Full Version : HD on PsP - new idea

morg13
December 25th, 2005, 13:28
first
well, i had heard that ther is a way to connect the psp to a usb drive, over a homebrew, but i donīt know if it is true.

second
i had chatted with someone hu has a wlan hd from asus.
i dont know how that works, but im pretty shure that it will.
had someone test it?
ore had someone tried to start a game over wlan from pc?

i need more then 4gb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any other ways?

morg13
December 25th, 2005, 16:50
the big question is: can i start mp3, movis and so on from wlan?
ther must be a way, to connect a usb drive, curse i had heard that ther is a way!!!!!!

why it shutnt work?
ther will be a usb keybord for the psp sune, so u can see, the usb input works in all modes, so wher is the promblem to creat a homebrew for an usb drive?

Largo_W
January 1st, 2006, 18:36
maybe because you need drivers for a harddrive? And are you able to write them in the "Psp-Language" ? And of course a harddisc needs more voltage than a keyboard. in fact far more. a normal harddisc is powered with 12 Volt, the USB has only 5 Volt. So u will ALWAYS need an external power source - which is bad.

-------------------------------------------------
Everything u cant write in asembler you have to solder, eh ?

MGFox
January 1st, 2006, 18:58
The main problem being that the PSP does not have any USB control capabilities, it can only act as a dummy receiving commands from another device. What you are proposing is comparable to plugging two USB hard-drives together...won't do squat!

The 4GB drive that currently exists is actually plugged into the MemoryStick slot, tricking the PSP into thinking that its a really big MemoryStick!

And the only way to stream music over WiFi is to listen to Internet Shoutcast stations via PSPRadio!

Cheers,
Fox

P.S. Poo, I just realised that this thread is quite old! The dude probably don't care anymore!

r00t
January 2nd, 2006, 00:36
You can use the iAudio hdd media player I heard. It has its own USB hub/host. Not sure what its called. I have an iAudio 60gb media player but I've yet to test it as im on 2.5 FW

Im sure there s some way to convert a standard duo card so that when you plug it it doesn read the data on the card but on the HDD itself and yes, youd need the power pack to plug it into a walloutlet. I know there was a guy who coverted a 8Gb digicam HDD for use on his ipod but, thats a totally different matter.

morg13
January 2nd, 2006, 19:51
ther is a nice way to manage the meda stick!
i had seen a syncronisation box, its a box like a mp3 player with 2 usb inputs, u can put a hd in the first and the pro duo stick in the other and delet and copy all u want
im going to by this box