PDA

View Full Version : firmware 1.5 versus 2.0 ? and where is 2.0?

Ransom
December 26th, 2005, 00:00
so which is better? For me it sounds like the 2.0 is better since i am only running the snes roms on it and they work with 2.0 also.

PS if some one could show me a link to dl the 2.0 firmware id would love you, i have been looking for it for 2 hours ><

SoCal
December 26th, 2005, 01:16
It was right under your nose my friend. ;) http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15882 This is for the Eboot file. If you want the firmware ready to use download this: http://rapidshare.de/files/8253254/MPH_Firmware_Launcher___Finalized_by_Loosle13_.rar .html

You should stick with 2.0 if all you want is to play your snes games.

Negibozu
December 26th, 2005, 03:05
And if you really ever need to, you can always downgrade, not a permanent choice like it used to be. I just put on 2.0 myself. Browser, Emu, AND Apps...yeah..Only thing you're loosing is ISO loaders for games that may require 2.5/6+ in t3h future!

shadowprophet
December 26th, 2005, 03:24
I updatd I dont regret it so much, needless to say I would have regreted more if the upgrade was perm! but right now im to into the net on my psp in fact I posted this on my psp! snizzle huh

psploserhahaomghacks
December 26th, 2005, 23:41
Hey I just got a newPSP with version 2.00 already installed.

Do you mean to say that I can use SNES9x on it?

I just went through the entire process of downgrading and I'm currently updating it back to 2.00

Did I inadvertantly hinder my system anyhow?

I read this:
Only thing you're loosing is ISO loaders for games that may require 2.5/6+ in t3h future!

I'm not quite sure what that means. Sorry. If you could explain it somehow I'd appreciate it a lot.

SoCal
December 27th, 2005, 00:25
Hey I just got a newPSP with version 2.00 already installed.

Do you mean to say that I can use SNES9x on it?

I just went through the entire process of downgrading and I'm currently updating it back to 2.00

Did I inadvertantly hinder my system anyhow?

I read this:

I'm not quite sure what that means. Sorry. If you could explain it somehow I'd appreciate it a lot.

Yes you can use snes9x on a version 2.0 PSP but you need to install some additional software first. Specifically you need Fanjita's Eboot Loader v0.9. This can be downloaded here and if you take the time there is a forum that will give you all the info you need. Download Fanjita's Eboot loader & Forum. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2005/12/25/fanjita-eboot-loader-v09/)

As far as 2.00 vs 1.50 goes. 1.50 does not have the web browser but can run more homebrew including UMDEmulator and Fastloader. Hope this helps answer your questions.

Lastly, whatever you do. DO NOT UPGRADE PAST 2.00 or you will definitely loose homebrew capability. :)

Kaiser
December 27th, 2005, 00:32

We legally cannot discuss that just don't worry about it, okay. ISO's are bad, everytime one is downloaded God kills a kitten.

@SoCal- I'm pretty sure your Signature is past allowed size. Just shrink it a bit and it should be okay.

SoCal
December 27th, 2005, 01:34
@SoCal- I'm pretty sure your Signature is past allowed size. Just shrink it a bit and it should be okay.

OK I have made it smaller ( I agree, It was a bit large) but maybe you can enlighten me as to what the size limitation is. I have looked under FAQ's and in other areas but can find no mention of a maximum size. :)

Nono-O
December 27th, 2005, 01:48
1.5 oder 2.0 is doch egal
man kann ja immer welches zwischen den beiden firmwares
mach ich auch immer

SoCal
December 27th, 2005, 02:32
1.5 oder 2.0 is doch egal
man kann ja immer welches zwischen den beiden firmwares
mach ich auch immer

Ja, sicher! wir sie hatte kenntnisse über firmwares. :cool: