PDA

View Full Version : datel x-2 3800 battery wont charge wtf?...

michael jackson
December 26th, 2005, 07:32
got my 4gb hdd/x2 pack today and i plugged everything up and my psp wouldnt power on

from experience i know most if not all batteries come pre-charged (duh)

anyway i plugged the power in and my psp shows no internal battery,,

hdd works great btw but it seems either my x2 is dead or my psp wont accept it

my psp is a 1.5 JP import from the first months of psp release

i hope the battery isnt usa only because as far as i know us/jp power is the same voltage

i can have psp power on or off and it just acts like theres no battery and the little charge indicator is missing when i have external power

my regular psp pack works fine... if anyone has info please help my christmas was the best ive had in a long time but this will blow if i cant fix my battery

my dad got it at best buy

and im not a psp scene noob >.> ive tried everything i can to figure out why its not working...

merry christmas and long live the psp dev scene

SoCal
December 26th, 2005, 08:48
I would double check the contacts on the x2 battery. It's possible that Datel put some type of cleare protector on the battery contacts and it needs to be removed. :)

michael jackson
December 26th, 2005, 09:38
nope the connectors are exactly the same as the original psp battery

its bulky of course but theres nothing that looks even remotely detachable

the guide book has 2 lines on the battery and 8 pages on hdd and the software,,,

ive triple checked everything over and tried every combination of inserting battery power cord and even tried different outlets and googled it but nothing works... noone has posted about jacked x-2's anywhere on forums

michael jackson
December 29th, 2005, 02:35
well... no posts.. imma return it to best buy (thank god dad didnt buy it online >.>)

also a bump i guess.. if anyone else has info feel free to post..... please?

SoCal
December 29th, 2005, 02:51
well... no posts.. imma return it to best buy (thank god dad didnt buy it online >.>)

also a bump i guess.. if anyone else has info feel free to post..... please?

I was going to get one from Best Buy but I waited 1 day too long. Now no stores have them and I was told by a sales rep that there are no plans to order more at this time. I sort of believe that because they took it off thier website completely. Just wanted to let you know in case you were planning on an exchange. At least you'll be able to get your money back.

michael jackson
December 29th, 2005, 04:01
i live in missouri... we have a best buy thats new just opened in a semi small city

if you dont know missouri is about as small town as usa gets >.> (uk site dont get mad i dunno who knows usa well im not dumb i just dont get out much)

so i doubt that best buy will be sold out

one can only hope

SoCal
December 29th, 2005, 05:57
i live in missouri... we have a best buy thats new just opened in a semi small city

if you dont know missouri is about as small town as usa gets >.> (uk site dont get mad i dunno who knows usa well im not dumb i just dont get out much)

so i doubt that best buy will be sold out

one can only hope

Hehe....Good luck. :)

SoCal
December 30th, 2005, 04:05
On a side note I just purchased a new Datel 4GB HD w/battery. (The whole retail package) for $160.00 on Ebay. My next step will be to replace the micro-drive with a 4GB CF Card!

Hopefully this will fit on my PSP since I have it modified with the PSP2TV mod. :)