PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Snex9x for PSP tutorial

sunwukong
December 26th, 2005, 18:00
I recently got a PSP for christmas. It has 1.52 firmware and Ive managed to follow the tutorial step by step. It recognizes the update but it says there's no need for it. I also have a problem getting the overflow image to show up. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

SoCal
December 26th, 2005, 18:26
First you must upgrade to firmware 2.0. Then you will be able to use Fanjita’ EBOOT loader v0.9. With that you will be able to load snes9x. ;)

sunwukong
December 26th, 2005, 18:36
Yeah I did all that. It still wont let me downgrade. or upgrade. I told you, I followed the 1.52 tutorial step by step.

SoCal
December 26th, 2005, 19:27
Yeah I did all that. It still wont let me downgrade. or upgrade. I told you, I followed the 1.52 tutorial step by step.

OK...Please be patient :) Here is a link that covers in great detail with step by step instructions on how to upgrade your PSP firmware. If you follow it you will be able to upgrade. Give it a try. Upgrade PSP firmware using a PC (http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP.aspx?id=softwareupdate/pc_200.html)

sunwukong
December 26th, 2005, 20:09
Do I still need to downgrade to 1.5 after I upgrade?

SoCal
December 26th, 2005, 20:49
Do I still need to downgrade to 1.5 after I upgrade?

That depends on what you want to do. If you only want to run emulators then 2.0 is all you need. If you want to do more then you will need to downgrade to 1.50. Keep in mind that 1.50 has no web browser. the bottom line is whatever you need. Either way the first step is to get your PSP upgraded to 2.0 firmware.

SoCal
December 26th, 2005, 22:06
Now I'm really confused. I just saw your other post on overflow.tif corrupted. In it you say you upgraded to 2.60! If that is correct then your wasting your time. You are stuck at 2.60. No downgrade is currently possible from that. No homebrew is possible either. Your best bet is to sell your PSP and get another one.

For anyone else reading this: DO NOT UPGRADE PAST 2.0 if you want to run any homebrew.