PDA

View Full Version : please help me, im new stupid and even more stupid

pleaseHlpWithPSP
December 27th, 2005, 07:47
i just got a psp from my grandmother and ive been told over and over again you can get emulators, well i downloaded the eboot loader, and extracted the files to my desktop. from here,...do i.... just select all the files right click and send to the psp? (F:\). AND after i send the files to the PSP where do i extract the NNJester emulator to? same place? no specific folder?

sorry i know im a idiot and im sure you dont want to baby step it for me, but i would really appreciate it, because you are all great, and i am nothing

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd last nut bot least, once all that is squared away, do i extract the emu roms to the psp folder on the memory stick or the psp folder, then the game folder?

many thanks people

Sean~

SoCal
December 27th, 2005, 07:57
First off congrats on your new PSP! :)

Now what firmware is installed? Look it up under system settings on your PSP. Also what Eboot loader are you referring to? Lastly, most downloads come with a readme file that will explain exactly how to install the files and where they go.

pleaseHlpWithPSP
December 27th, 2005, 08:13
all i see under system settings is a system info and it saysss my mac address system software v2.60 and the nickname

b8a
December 27th, 2005, 09:36
Ouch! So close and yet so far!!!

Right now you can only use the emulators and other homebrew software with system software v.1.00, v.1.50, and (to a somewhat lesser extent), v.2.00. There are currently no methouds for running homebrew software on a v.2.60 system.

If that's one of the main things you wanted the PSP for, you have a couple of options:

1)Hold on to your current PSP. This scene changes day-by-day, so the chances that someone will come up with a methoud for running homebrew on v.2.60 firmware in the near future are pretty good (but, of course, there are no guarantees that it will ever happen as well).

2) (And this is what I would do) Is sell/trade in your current system and try to get one with v.2.00 or lesser installed. If you get a v.1.51 or v.1.52 system, you're going to have to upgrade to v.2.00 before you can use homebrew software. Once you have a v.2.00 system, there is a methoud for downgrading to 1.50, so it doesn't entirely matter which firmware your PSP has on it, as long as it is v.2.00 or lower.

If you do choose to get a new PSP, there are a couple of methouds for determining the firmware of the system you're looking to buy. This recent thread lists one of the methouds:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15968
(btw, this is the mehoud I used when I bought mine and it worked like a charm. The only difference is that when I bought mine only v.1.50, v.1.51, and v.1.52 were available... I can't attest to the markings for firmware versions higher than that. Also, it's also possible that there WON'T be a letter where this thread mentions. Those should be safe as well.)

This recent thread also makes a very good point for what should be a logical way to find a compatible PSP:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15859

For right now though, unfortunately the answer if that you can't run those emulators on your system. Keep checking back with this site though. As soon as you either get a PSP that is compatible with them or a methoud for running homebrew on v.2.60 is uncovered, any of the members of this board will be more than happy to help get you up and running.

pleaseHlpWithPSP
December 28th, 2005, 09:40
how do you downgrade to version 2.00?

jwilds73
December 29th, 2005, 07:04
You don't and you can't. You can not downgrade your 2.60 PSP you can only downgrade a 2.0 or below system after upgrading to 2.0. As the downgrader utility is only designed to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.50. IE: 1.51 and 1.52 systems must first be upgraded to 2.0 then downgraded to 1.50. If your really set on emulation get a GP2X system (under $200.00) and you will never have to worry about them preventing you from running your own software.

pleaseHlpWithPSP
December 29th, 2005, 08:42
so what your telling me is return my psp sell GTA / charger / memory cards

and go get a xbox 360 huh?

SoCal
December 29th, 2005, 18:52
so what your telling me is return my psp sell GTA / charger / memory cards

and go get a xbox 360 huh?

Hey....Was that the sound of a lightbulb turning on? :rolleyes: Not really. :D What you need to do is sell the psp and get one that has firmware 2.0 or lower. Check out b8a's post on this thread. You can find out what serial number codes to look for when you buy the PSP. Getting a PSP with the correct serial number will insure your PSP is 2.0 or lower. The code is visible from the outside of the retail box.

pleaseHlpWithPSP
December 29th, 2005, 20:20
sounds like a crap load of work to me, maybe ill chck that out later, hx for the advice everyone