PDA

View Full Version : SNES9X help

mikevmpr3
December 27th, 2005, 19:45
ok guyz, heres what i need help with. ive been struggling hard trying to get snes9x to work on my psp, i downloaded the latest version, extracted it and put it in psp/games/snes9x then i tried it and it said cannot play game the file is corrupted. then i went and downloaded Xploit(the latest) and i used that to remove corrupted files and it still says The game cannot be played file is corrupted. So i went and also tried using INFOnes, and it did the same.do i have to chang any thing on my system?i have psp2.0 if that helps any but please help me get an emulator on my psp that works!

mikevmpr3
December 27th, 2005, 19:55
Btw, my Sn for aim is Mikevmpr3 im me if you want for a one on one session on how to work the emulator

SoCal
December 28th, 2005, 00:34
ok guyz, heres what i need help with. ive been struggling hard trying to get snes9x to work on my psp, i downloaded the latest version, extracted it and put it in psp/games/snes9x then i tried it and it said cannot play game the file is corrupted. then i went and downloaded Xploit(the latest) and i used that to remove corrupted files and it still says The game cannot be played file is corrupted. So i went and also tried using INFOnes, and it did the same.do i have to chang any thing on my system?i have psp2.0 if that helps any but please help me get an emulator on my psp that works!
Downgrade to 1.50 and your problems will be solved. That is the easy way. The hard way is you don't downgrade and in order to play snes9x on a 2.0 PSP you will need to install Fanjita's Eboot Loader v0.9. This Eboot loader is made for 2.0 PSP's so that homebrew can be run on them. It can be downloaded HERE. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2005/12/25/fanjita-eboot-loader-v09/)

If you downgrade to 1.50 you will loose the web browser but with MPHFL 1.3.7u4 you can get it back.

Downgrading to 1.50 is easy. Download the mph downgrader HERE. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/3) and get the required 1.50 Eboot file HERE. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4)

It's all very easy. Just follow the directions in the included readme files. Enjoy! :D

mikevmpr3
December 28th, 2005, 02:30
what is LUA?
"NOTE: If the homebrew is written in LUA, you need to copy it to a subdirectory
under the \PSP\GAME\USER_LUA\APPLICATIONS folder."

btw i got up to here....

"- Use the PSP's built-in photo viewer to open the "EBOOT loader 09" folder,
this will cause the loader to start. If your PSP hangs at this point,
then try the following:
- check your firmware version. This loader is for v2.0 ONLY.
- check that you have the loader files in the correct place (see above)
- turn your PSP completely off, then back on again. The loader works
best on a freshly-rebooted PSP.
- try setting a custom background - some people have reported that it
works better if you use a custom wallpaper (any image).
- try 'touching' the TIF image file : see 'fixing up the file times'
below."

there is no file in my photo viewer even tho i copied everything it wanted me to copy into my MR ROOT folder. It just shows my 6 JPEGs that i saved on there and nothing else. so how do i work the ebooter?

SoCal
December 28th, 2005, 03:37
I suggest you read the readme file again. All files do not go to the root of the memory stick.

You need these files to be in the right place:
X:\PSP\PHOTO\EBOOT Loader 09\RUN_L09.TIF
X:\PSP\PHOTO\EBOOT Loader 09\AAA.GIF
X:\PSP\PHOTO\WIFIBACKGROUND.PNG
X:\PSP\PHOTO\WIFI Loader\READY.PNG
X:\PSP\PHOTO\WIFI Loader\LOADER2.TIFF
X:\UTILS\EBOOT_SIGNATURE.EXE
X:\PSP\GAME\LOADER09.CFG
X:\PSP\GAME\LOADMENU09.PBP
X:\PSP\GAME\LOADMENU.TGA
X:\L_09.BIN
X:\A.BIN
X:\TSR.BIN

BTW there is no as you say MR ROOT folder. I suggest you get someone to help you before you mess up your PSP. The readme file is very straight forward and if you are having trouble following it, I caution you to stop now.

mikevmpr3
December 28th, 2005, 04:25
i apologize, it was MP root folder.

canniballekter
December 30th, 2005, 03:38
Also, i found that with the psp 2.0, you cant load any emulators from the game section, you actually have to install an eboot loader (v 0.7 or later). Then, after you have the eboot loader installed, and correctly placed all the snes9x files where they are supposed to be, select it from the photo section of the psp and voila. Everything should work from there. You can get the newest eboot loader here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/).
Hope this helps!

SoCal
December 30th, 2005, 04:36
I give up! :rolleyes:

kamadeva
December 30th, 2005, 07:30
I got my psp downgraded from 2.0 to 1.5 a couple of months ago but i´d like to upgrade to 2.0 again, where can i get the 2.0 firmware, i´ve looked for it everywhere i havent found it yet. =( snif snif

turbosaru
December 30th, 2005, 19:19
you have to download something called sei PSP Tool. you cant just throw the emu into some folder and hope it works. the tool is kind of like a translator (it only works for psp 1.0 and 1.5). all you do is download your emulator, download the sei psp tool, unzip both of them, then run the tool. your psp should be connected. when you run the tool, the first text field is whatever you want to name the folder, then the second one you have to click the little box to select the eboot file (i kept it simple and just saved it to my desktop), and then you click the drive it is (for example, mine was F: ). click the little box to hide files, then click generate. you will then see it in "game...memory stick" on your psp. at this point, you wont have any ROMS to run, but thats not important. getting roms really is as easy as moving onto your psp.