PDA

View Full Version : Downgrader virus?

Xarius
December 27th, 2005, 23:54
I'm considering upgrading to 2.0 to play a new game I got, but I've got things I want that still require 1.5, so I wanted to be sure I could downgrade before I switched to 2.0. I've downloaded the mph downgrader from 3 different sites (this one included) and each one contains 2 viruses. One is the MPHDowngrader.zip which gives no specific virus name and the other is in PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif which lists the virus Trojan.PSPBrick. My virus scanner automatically quarantines and eventually deletes the downgrader. What's the deal with these files? I sincerely doubt that wrag would host a file that contains 2 viruses, but when it comes down to trusting a comunity vs my virus scanner, I'll stick with the choice that won't lose me $250 unless someone can tell me without question that this will work.

SoCal
December 28th, 2005, 00:14
I can tell you that this is a known problem with various virus programs. I use Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus and it detects the overflow.tif as a virus every time. You'll have no problem with the downgrader, it's fine. :D I've downloaded and used this downgrader and am 100% sure it will work for you. MPH Downgrader (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/3)

motormaniac
December 28th, 2005, 04:32
i got virus with the overflow.tif too. trojan horse. but if u try and get them from a clean site it shouldnt have them. and yes if you follow the instructions exactly it will work.