PDA

View Full Version : Just When You Finally Downgrade...

The Bridge
December 28th, 2005, 01:22
you find that the games you are dragging and dropping/copying and pasting are disappearing into a big black hole. When I go to games on the PSP and look at the memory disk, it shows that sizeable chunks of the 2gb disk have been used up for game storage, but irs nowhere to be found, all it offers is a chance to downgrade to 1.5, which I've done... So my question is, where are the files I am clearly copying onto the PSP? Also should I have formatted the 2gb disk before doing this.

I thought I had done all the hard work, seems I was wrong, help...

SoCal
December 28th, 2005, 02:45
In order to help you we would most likely be violating this sites anti-piracy policy. Given that, I suggest you take your questions elsewhere unless you care to restate your problem in a way that is less inflammatory to the Mods. :cool:

The Bridge
December 28th, 2005, 19:37
In order to help you we would most likely be violating this sites anti-piracy policy. Given that, I suggest you take your questions elsewhere unless you care to restate your problem in a way that is less inflammatory to the Mods. :cool:

:confused:

My son and I each have a PSP, I travel and to save on rows we have managed to get s colleague to put almost all of our 36 or so games on to disk, that way I don't need to take games with me when I travel, I don't think that contravenes any piracy laws as the games are copied for our own use? My issues is simple, having downgraded to 1.5, I cannot work out where the files are going when I download from my laptop.

Is that better?

:rolleyes:

pepegomez
December 28th, 2005, 22:20
sry but it isnt legal anymore to copy things u already own for ur own use. it the law. no need to discuss, i can udnerstand ur oppinion., i think so too. but thats the law. dont get ****ed by the police and u can do that the rest of ur life,. but remember its illegal

SoCal
December 29th, 2005, 00:48
Hey Bridge....Let's approach the problem you are having as a file transfer problem. The first thing we need to clear up is the method you are using to transfer files from your laptop. Is it by a usb cable connected to your PSP or are you writing to the memory card directly using a card reader? Also, what is the target folder on the memory card? Lastly, you may have to reformat your memory stick but that should be your last option. Also, if you do reformat...remember that you need to use FAT16 format. :)

The Bridge
December 29th, 2005, 02:34
My issue seems to have started when Starwars Battlefront II encouraged (nay forced) me to upgrade to 2.0. I had bought both PSP's in Japan back in August. Through a colleague (my IT man) I was able to downgrade back to 1.5, but lets look at the chain:

1. I purchase a 2gb bsk for my travels and i get our games "disked".
2. I downgrade to 1.5.
3. In Madrid, two days before xmas, I put a USB between my laptop and my PSP. I drag and drop games to my removeable drive, I'm assured these should be visible in my memory stick through games, they are not...
4. I format the memory chip (has this now deleted crucial sotware?) thinking I did not so this at the start (it is also a Sandisk, does this mean anything?).
5. I drag and drop again, nothing...
6. I'm off to India for a month in a few weeks, if this is a waste of time, my and the boy will need to draw lots on the games...

Am I mising something simple?

SoCal
December 29th, 2005, 03:56
OK....The "files" that you dragged and dropped to the memory stick. Are they in a compressed format or what and exactly where did you drop the files. By this I mean did you drop them in the root directory of the memory stick or did you put them into a specific folder. Lastly, you know that you need a special program to launch these "files" right? I can not mention the names of these programs but others have in other threads & stickies.

The Bridge
December 30th, 2005, 23:09
SoCal, apols for the delayed response. First of all I'm dropping everything into the root directory as this is what I have envisaged moves it to my memory card... Doh, I take it this is wrong?

The files are zip files but I have a full Windows XP package and probably assumed (my old menter used to say never assume as it makes an "ass" of "u" and "me") that this was okay... Doh, its feeling like another bad un...

dj2005
December 30th, 2005, 23:32
Your problem is that you're dropping the files in the root directory, which is wrong. Which umd loader are you using?

The Bridge
December 31st, 2005, 00:05
Your problem is that you're dropping the files in the root directory, which is wrong. Which umd loader are you using?

UMDEmulator V0.8C, but below the scary face it shows on the PSP (memory chip data accessed through game/memory chip etc) is a file saying corrupted data.

dj2005
December 31st, 2005, 02:52
The corrupted data icon is needed, to use the emulator click the "scary" face. You will need to have a umd in the psp (demo umd works fine and just leave it in all times). Also make sure all files/folders are in the correct place that is stated in the readme (shouldn't need your friend to do this for you as its very simple).

The Bridge
December 31st, 2005, 20:36
Thank you. After deleting, I've reloaded the scary face. Problem now is that I have copied games into the ISO folder which was empty. Is this right as when I click on the scary face I get the screen showing a lot of data, but nowhere can I see a file with the games?

What now?

By the way many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cap'n 1time
December 31st, 2005, 21:15
no iso discussion. read the rules please. also check out faq section.

The Bridge
December 31st, 2005, 22:32
Read the thread, then judge. As far as I can see I'm breaching no copyright rules.

Kaiser
January 1st, 2006, 01:10
NO ISO DISCUSSION PERIOD

It doesn't matter if your breaking any copyright rules or not. Its simply against the rules to talk about copied PSP games and how to get them working. That go's for talking about loaders and/or ISOs.