PDA

View Full Version : Pandora - The Preorders Are Open Today

wraggster
September 30th, 2008, 02:13
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dcemupandora.jpg

Finally months after the official announcement 3000 lucky people can now preorder the Worlds fastest handheld console that boasts a processor capable of up to 900MHZ, PowerVR 3D Graphics, a large 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Wifi, Bluetooth, USB, Dual SD Card Slots, TV Out, Dual analogue and digital controls, a clamshell DS Lite style shape and a 43 button mini keyboard.

The Console already boasts an amazing amount of ready to be released software such as Ubuntu (http://pandora.dcemu.co.uk/pandora-ubuntu-find-your-neutral-space-you-got-a-rush-it-ll-pass-be-seated--159628.html) and many full speed emulators for systems such as Snes, Amiga, Megadrive and many more that are not publically announced yet.

The price of the Pandora is $329.99 / £199.99 (Inc VAT) / E249.99 (Inc VAT) and is backed up by the very strong GP32X Community a community that has the most concentrated amount of amateur coders that no other Homebrew scene can boast and yes more developers than even the mighty PSP and DS Scenes.

The Console is as powerful as original Xbox and on a par with the Nintedo Wii and thats very impressive, add to that the keyboard, bluetooth, dual analogues and you have what is a Pocket PC/Handheld Console Hybrid with software that will amaze and if your an emulation fan then this console will do everything the PSP can and more, we should expect full speed MAME, PSX, GBA, Snes, Megadrive, Master System, Colecovision, Commodore 64, PC Engine and yeah the list goes on, what should also be very doable to full speed should be Nintendo64, Sega 32X, Sega CD, 3D0, the coder of NullDC an excellent Dreamcast emulator for Windows has publically stated that he his looking to port to Pandora.

In short this will be so very much more than any handheld before and one the homebrew community through all the scenes will be interested to see.

Those interested in Preordering can do so at 2PM today GMT time (Sept30th for those in different parts of the world), only the first 3000 will get on the first batch of this exciting console.

Those Interested should visit OpenPandora.Org (http://openpandora.org/go.pl?A969) the home of the Pandora Console (http://openpandora.org/go.pl?A969)

For the full history of news about the Pandora from start until now check out our very own Pandora Homebrew Site (http://pandora.dcemu.co.uk/)

Zack
September 30th, 2008, 02:54
*Places Pre-Order* ... Hopefully

jamotto
September 30th, 2008, 03:45
I hope it does well, but I'm going to wait until it develops more and they fix the flawed shift caps lock button.

NoQuarter
September 30th, 2008, 03:54
Somebody has ubuntu running on this already!
Looks pretty nice,I wonder if I should get this or some tiny netbook...

Tikker
September 30th, 2008, 05:08
I still have a hard time believing they actually exist. that being said, if they do, I'd be very tempted to pick one up

mungrin
September 30th, 2008, 06:55
I woner if i can play Ultima Online on it

Aryn
September 30th, 2008, 08:11
I will not purchase this system until it is reviewed by people who own it, but will certainly keep my eye on this little piece of hardware. I will be looking forward to the second batch. :)

DimensionT
September 30th, 2008, 10:12
I still have a hard time believing they actually exist.

Why?

There's plenty of devkits around, and homebrew apps have already been made. What's the point in making devkits/coding for a system that doesn't exist?

pkmaximum
September 30th, 2008, 10:31
The system exist lol I don't even understand why someone would question that. There are enough youtube videos of the console, interviews with the guy behind it (video interviews) And many trusted coders have the prototype preproduction unit. Such as Zoddt or something like that =P

I won't be going on the first batch though, nothing against the hardware it's just I want to see more homebrew on this console first. My main interest in N64 emulation, so I won't really touch this thing before that =/ My PSP can do most of the things that this system will probably have the ability to do for some time. So waiting is no big deal.

newb_fo_life
September 30th, 2008, 10:41
I really want one of these bad boys

Its gonna be for christmas aswell

And I'm not waiting until 2009 for one!!!

royvedas
September 30th, 2008, 13:31
I'd like to see it and try it out before I buy, especially as it looks kinda uncomfortably clunky. But no real shops will probably sell it, so I'll probably never get it.

davidcrew
September 30th, 2008, 15:08
pretty cool, but i want to see what the ds rumors are all about on thursday. This thing still has a steep price tag compared to the rumored new ds prices.

yaustar
September 30th, 2008, 17:39
Pre-ordered myself. Hopefully I am early enough.

brasssmunky
September 30th, 2008, 19:01
i would totally preorder if i wasnt completely broke.
cursed bills.
even if the homebrew doesnt grow huge, they already have some very nice homebrew apps
and running linux is what im really down for
something like fedora with xfce or something :D
but with the way people are today
i guarantee they are going to just stick with ubuntu, optimizing it for the hardware and whatnot

ish420ism
September 30th, 2008, 19:46
I can't afford it, yet I still Preordered. Better start selling off some things.

beamquaker
September 30th, 2008, 22:18
i have its picture on my desktop . i am going to wait to 2009 . psx mame mega drive amiga snes full speed. im gob smacked . but dreamcast and n64 . if it emulates these 2 . full speed i will be amazed . its like a little dream machine :thumbup:

Zack
September 30th, 2008, 22:27
Pre-ordered myself. Hopefully I am early enough.

Me too :)

I certainly hope the site would stop the order from being processed if the 3000 units were all spoken for....

I certainly wouldn't be happy with them talking my money, and not getting a pandora till 2009 :/

Hopefully that isn't the case though :)

GPeter7
September 30th, 2008, 23:33
I already preorder one :thumbup: it will be SUPER

newb_fo_life
September 30th, 2008, 23:44
i have its picture on my desktop . i am going to wait to 2009 . psx mame mega drive amiga snes full speed. im gob smacked . but dreamcast and n64 . if it emulates these 2 . full speed i will be amazed . its like a little dream machine :thumbup:

Nintendo 64 is at full speed I think :D

I got mine ordered now,Can't bloody wait!!!!

November seems a far distant place though :(

Accordion
October 1st, 2008, 11:17
Having just payed my University fee, i dont have the funds.

I still want one however, but the lack of production model hands on, photos and the Craigx's lack of detail on whether pre-orders close once the 3000 are gone.
He said that thousands have been preordered already, so that means less than one thousand remain or they are all gone.

The order site has no problem with me paying for 10000 units , so i highly doubt there is any consideration of stock.

Renegade_Rulez
October 1st, 2008, 11:52
I pre-ordered 2 yesterday one for me and one for a friend. Cant wait for that portable full speed amiga emulation :D