PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Pack Hacking

cyberbat
December 28th, 2005, 21:07
Hi gang
Im an experienced xbox modder but new to all the DS stuff.
Ive just bought a mario kart ds pack, with the silver ds console (NEF102****1) and i want to play homebrew titles. However, ive been discovering conflicting messages as to whether i can do this with the firmware i have on my console.
Can anyone here give me a difinitive answer?
If so, does anyone out there know which equipment im going to need to buy, and can you point me in the direction of a tutorial that will explain the process relevant to my console version?
Also, ive heard rumours about a trojan in some versions of the downloadable firmware. Is there a reliable source for the firmware i'll need?
Many thanks for your time guys and girls, i appreciate any help you have!
Toby

fozzmeister
December 29th, 2005, 11:47
I'm in the same situation, For the XBox the database was huge and there were even wizards for determining your version, for the NDS, you have very poor incomplete information.

I'm waiting for the M3 PassKey2 version, that should be out January 10th which will do what you need

cyberbat
December 29th, 2005, 21:38
oooh, not heard about this new M3, where did you find the info about it. Does it mean i'll need to buy a passkey2 and the pass me, or will the one unit do everything, including running the roms?
Stay in touch!

ptr.exe
December 30th, 2005, 00:17
I'm in the same situation, For the XBox the database was huge and there were even wizards for determining your version, for the NDS, you have very poor incomplete information
You need to give the scene time to grow, there is so much info for the xbox because its been around for a significantly longer time than the DS.

cyberbat, if you're worried about software for DS, there is a program that scans stuff for the DS bricker. Although I think it has problems checking homebrew though, but it may be able to check firmware updates.

fozzmeister
December 30th, 2005, 15:13
Divineo.cn have a version with the PassKey1 in, which isn't what you need, they are expecting PassKey2 on the 10th.