PDA

View Full Version : Viewing MPEG-4 on PSP ver 2.0

mooney3
December 28th, 2005, 22:26
Hi everyone,
I'm a little embarressed asking this as there seems to be some"in the know" people out there. The story is, I have bought my son a PSP for Chistmas ( UK ver 2.0) and I have downloaded an MPEG-4 film which I want to put onto a 2gb pro duo stick to view on the PSP. I have connected the PSP via usb and dragged + dropped the MPEG-4 file onto the memeory stick into a folder I have named "VIDEO" but I cannot access the MPEG-4 video as the PSP does not recognise it even though the memory card must have as it now has 500mb less memory.
WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG ?

swatx
December 28th, 2005, 23:46
www.google.com and search for how to put videos on psp.

what you are doing above is not the right way.

SoCal
December 29th, 2005, 01:35
I don't know about 2.0 but on 1.50 PSP's you have to put your movies into a certain folder or they will not show up. X:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\xxxx.mp4

Also there is another file that goes with it that has the same name as the movie file but a different extension X:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\xxxx.THM

I purchased a movie converter called PSP Movie Creator and it is perfect. There are other programs around that you can d/l for free. Maybe you already have one. Just wanted to make sure you know about it.

Hope this helps. :)

mooney3
December 30th, 2005, 11:31
Thanks for this. PSP movie creator works a treat.

SoCal
December 30th, 2005, 18:08
I have converted at least 50 movies that I own and have used every movie program out there and PSP Movie Creator is the best. :)