PDA

View Full Version : Emulating Halo Zero (homemade PC game)

o2byzst
December 28th, 2005, 22:37
There is a game going around the net that debuted on Attack Of the Show (G4tv), it's called "Halo Zero". The link to the website is here and you can find all the needed info, http://www.halozero.new.fr/

What I was wondering was if since this is a PC game that is similar in vain to Conta style graphics and gameplay on the SNES, then could this game be ported to be emulated on the PSP?

Is there an emulator for PC titles?

MGFox
December 29th, 2005, 00:31
There are only two ways that this could possibly be done...

1) The Bochs emulator, A PC emulator capable of running x86 operating systems (Windows, DOS, Linux) and basic software. This is incredibly complicated to setup and runs very slowly! Unless this emulator gets heavily updated the game probably won't run, and if it does, it'll be too slow to play!

2) The author at Dobermann software makes the game open-source and someone else ports the code to the PSP...this is, however, unlikely!

I have this game myself, and I agree that it would be perfect on the PSP, unfortunately though...I don't see it happening!

Cheers,
Fox

o2byzst
December 29th, 2005, 01:47
Thanks for the info about the PC emulator but that sucks that it will only run limited software like that - and SLOW at that.

There has to be more than just the two of us who are interested in seeing the game ported to the PSP, I think maybe a poll would be a great way to find out.

Maybe even an e-mail Doberman Software about the possibility of porting it to the PSP system.