PDA

View Full Version : uh, this unusually unusual

xuphorz
December 29th, 2005, 02:44
my psp backlight seems to have gone out or something :confused:
it looks like a gba, only visible under a light. the brightness setting button doesn't do anything, and the energy save/time poer thingie options have no effect either

what's going on? :confused:

michael jackson
December 29th, 2005, 03:47
umm yeah backlights apparently can die or "short out"

ive seen some replacement backlights... if you know anyone youd trust to replace it

that is, of course if you cant just send it in.. i bet sony would do a "complimentary update" if you did >.>

but i cant remember where i saw replacement screens

you can always try dcemu's friend www.lik-sang.com *cough*suck-up*cough*

>.> lol it was a link from psp-news site.. now that i think about it i think it was divineo that had em

gl on that though my import has 1 tiny black spec under my faceplate and no dead pixels so im lucky

it must suck

michael jackson
December 29th, 2005, 03:55
OH WAIT! some homebrew app had a backlight on/off test thing

i remember what you are describing though like sp when you turn off the backlight

it was a downgrader/backgroung changer i believe.. it had multiple things you can do

the app had what is pretty much a proof of concept that the backlight can be turned off

look for it before you open your psp i bet you can try turning it on and find out for sure if your backlight is busted

hope it helps >.< i just remembered i saw it but im sorry i cant remember what app had the option T_T

xuphorz
December 29th, 2005, 04:14
tried the thing, mj
and, yes it no workie
i guess all i can do it trade it into gamestop, see if i can get another, i think i bought an extended warrenty on it

michael jackson
December 29th, 2005, 04:26
gamestop so rules ^_^

hope you get it returned ... my x-2 battery i got with my 4gig hdd isnt working

i posted about it in the forums but noone knows why i guess sometimes things just dont work

id try to charge it via an external charger but it doesnt even show up as plugged in and im too poor to blow 30 bux ...

xuphorz
December 29th, 2005, 05:22
no one's rich enough to have both those but you probly, so you might try a forum where the plp on it aren't barely affording their psp (i own 2 psp's, but only cause i got one for 100$)

dtale15
December 29th, 2005, 06:06
hope you get that fixed man and where did u come across a psp for 100?

xuphorz
December 29th, 2005, 06:14
friend, he sold it to me for same price his gamestop offered, so he'd know "someone reliable would get it" whatever, i just glad i got it :)