PDA

View Full Version : 4.05 update killed all meh emu's!

superftmn
September 30th, 2008, 23:41
I updated my psp to play demos. update went fine, everything functional. But it seems my emulators don't work with 4.x . I don't know much about the psp (hand-me-down from my bro about a week ago). is this a playstation anti-homebrew measure? Downgrading too unsafe/not available for 4.x? info: 2.5 gigs worth of snes/gba/nes roms.psp only regular net access. more info will be added when I check back/feel hands again.
unofficial gpsp kai 3.2 test 8.6
nesterj 1.11
masterboy 2.02
snes9x tyl me

"80020148"

mike_jmg
October 1st, 2008, 07:11
It seems you updated to official firmware, didn't your bro warned you about this?

You can't run any of the emus you mention on official firmware (specially the highest one there is), you need to have custom firmware

Now to be able to run them again you'll need to use a pandora's battery and memory stick to install custom firmware back on your psp. Ask your bro

jxx2005
October 2nd, 2008, 05:23
yea
seems your brother had custom firmware on it
and you updated that to official firmware
any of the fun homebrew stuff wont work any more
that includes emulators or homebrew games or applications

Saracchini
October 2nd, 2008, 05:27
Very well, you updated it to official firmware. No downgraders, custom firmware installers, emulators and any sort of homebrew will work with your PSP. There's no know manner to revert it using software only.
Your only hope is use Despertar Cementerio with a Pandora Battery to return to Custom Firmware 4.01 M33.

Wally
October 2nd, 2008, 11:32
Very well, you updated it to official firmware. No downgraders, custom firmware installers, emulators and any sort of homebrew will work with your PSP. There's no know manner to revert it using software only.
Your only hope is use Despertar Cementerio with a Pandora Battery to return to Custom Firmware 4.01 M33.

You mean 4.02 M33 =)

Oh and yes you shouldn't have updated.. Pandora will get you out of this mess as everyone says..

Poke around dealextreme.com for a datel tool and a magic memory stick.

Wally