PDA

View Full Version : How do i run playstation games on 1.5?

mrbob
October 1st, 2008, 20:32
Hiya, im completely stuck on this.

I have a 1.5fw and a 3.95fw psp.

I have searched for ages and followed guides to add custom firmware but im still on 1.5.

What is the easiest way to play psx games on my psp?

The guides i have read are soooo confusing it hurts my head!

Do i need to install a custom firmware? Everything seems to assume ive already got one and to "update" to another custom fw.

where do i start?

once i have a custom fw do i install the latest one from sony?

Please can you help me?

much appreciated

sorry if its been asked a million times but im stuck

that1guywiththeface
October 4th, 2008, 20:25
Yes, you do need a custom firmware to run the games. 1.50 is mainly used for all of the homebrew stuff that was built around it. To play psx games at all, you need a custom firmware that has the features of at least 3.03. To play psx games well and with best compatibility, you need to upgrade to somewhere around 4.01 m33-2 and obtain the program known as popsloader. If you use Google, you can find guides on where to obtain these and what to do with these.

What is important though, is that you leave your 1.50 psp AS IT IS. DO NOT PRESS THE "UPDATE" BUTTON IN THE MAIN MENU!!! If you don't have all of your files and stuff in order, you may end upeither bricking your psp, or preventing yourself from making a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory stick. Since you have a 1.50 psp, you don't NEED the PB and MMS, but they are good to have in case you ever mess up and upgrade your PSP too far or brick it. Again, you can learn and obtain all you need on Google.

mrbob
October 5th, 2008, 22:14
Thanks for the reply,

my 1.5 is now 3.52 m33 and psx emu is really good.

I know the firmware 4.01 is out, can i update it to this straight away or should i do it in stages?

e.i 3.52 to 3.90 then 4.01?

thanks soo much for your help

Wally
October 6th, 2008, 10:04
Go straight to 4.02 M33 :D

Wally