PDA

View Full Version : pandora October 2nd News

argor
October 3rd, 2008, 00:23
from http://openpandora.org/go.pl?A969

We will continue to accept Pandora orders for the first batch until SUNDAY - we will increase the first batch manufactured to match these orders.

After that it will be from the second batch in 2009.

We recommend you order as soon as possible as we must start production next week.

We are also answering as many emails as we can, but if possible can you check the new forum we have set up (see blog) as the old forum is still dead from being overloaded.

royvedas
October 3rd, 2008, 10:26
I kinda want this and shit, but doesn't this device miss "ctrl" and "alt" buttons? Doesn't this make it difficult to use properly?

royvedas
October 3rd, 2008, 10:40
And it definately needs more ram. I want more ram for this. NOW. I have itchy buy-y fingers right now, but I want more ram or the possibility to expand ram myself.

yaustar
October 3rd, 2008, 13:08
You can't. The RAM is part of the SoC and the highest allowed IIRC.

Accordion
October 3rd, 2008, 17:15
I kinda want this and shit, but doesn't this device miss "ctrl" and "alt" buttons? Doesn't this make it difficult to use properly?

use properly?

for what?
This is not a laptop.

Regardless, all those game controls have no problem being used as modifiers.

staticxlsf
October 3rd, 2008, 18:21
I've done a little research on this project, and after reviewing the specs and some of the capabilities, it looks pretty awesome. And since it's open source, capabilities and any software errors made during production will be easily fixed. :-D I got one of the 3000, and I'm excited! I'll obviously post my views on the device as soon as I have a chance to fiddle.