PDA

View Full Version : where to put vids in

pepegomez
December 31st, 2005, 01:33
hi, i want to watch movies on my psp. but dunno where to put them, i know its sounds funny but theres no folder and "VIDEO" doesnt work...
iv converted the file already. and im using a from 2.0 to 1.5 downgraded psp (black XD)

Midnight Rider
January 8th, 2006, 07:52
hi, i want to watch movies on my psp. but dunno where to put them, i know its sounds funny but theres no folder and "VIDEO" doesnt work...
iv converted the file already. and im using a from 2.0 to 1.5 downgraded psp (black XD)
OK, just to make sure, your movie files must be in .mp4 format. Got it, great. Now place your movie files in this directory: ms0:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01 Folder. The filename must be M4V00000~99999 (NOTE: the last five digits can be modified. Example: M4V10023. It is only to rearrange the file order from lowest number to the highest possible) If you like thumbnails on your movie file? Then make sure you create an image and save the image in Jasc PSP or any other image editor to (same file name to that video).THM.

Overview:
Folder: ms0:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\
Your Movie File: M4V10023.mp4 for example
Your Image File: M4V10023.thm for example

If you do not understand what i mean, please leave a post. Peace ;)

further_sky
January 12th, 2006, 03:03
Hi there,

Will someone pls help. I downloaded some .mp4 videos from video.google.com and when I scroll to the video tab on my psp - it says incompatible data.

Does anyone know what is wrong? I have made the necessary folders, MP_ROOT/100MNV01/ and made sure to rename the video files into M4VXXXXX.MP4 (X's are numbers) and then moved them into the 100MNV01 folder.

i'm running a downgraded firmware, 1.51 -> 1.50

Thx

master of puppets
January 12th, 2006, 14:44
hi
im having trouble conveting my files into mp4 format, i have a WMV file and was wondering how to use 3GP converter. every time a convert the file it turns into a mpeg-4
movie what am i doing wrong?

THE_SANE_DUDE
February 15th, 2006, 21:54
further_sky,

When downloading the video for your psp you must click on the drop-down menu next to the "DOWNLOAD" button and select "Sony PSP", if there is no drop-down menu then it's not avaliable (sorry, i can't spell) for the PSP. For more detailed instructions go to: http://video.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=32187

You don't actually need to make the MP_ROOT>100MNV01, it should allready be on the PSP Memory Stick.

I think you need to call it "MAQXXXXX" with the X's being numbers, it works for me.